In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

So I just got my A.C checked because it was blowing hot and the compressor was not kicking on. A leak test was done and all the other stuff with the oil and there was only .25 in the system. The mechanic ran the leak test and it passed with no leak detected and then added the refrigerant to the system. I just checked the system a week later and the compressor is kicking on but not blowing cold air. The lines are not cold as well. Any help? I have a 2016 Silverado 5.3 

Edited by Rickyace09

The 14s and 15s were notorious for the condenser leaking. Not sure about the 16s and up. Try looking through the grill on the driver's side and maybe even the passenger side and seeing if there's a wet spot on the side of the condenser where the weld is. Usually a slow leak but you'll see a wet spot. Mine would take 2-3 weeks to leak down

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So I just got my A.C checked because it was blowing hot and the compressor was not kicking on. A leak test was done and all the other stuff with the oil and there was only .25 in the system. The mechanic ran the leak test and it passed with no leak detected and then added the refrigerant to the system. I just checked the system a week later and the compressor is kicking on but not blowing cold air. The lines are not cold as well. Any help? I have a 2016 Silverado 5.3 

The condenser is probably leaking. I just had mine replaced.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Bingo, pretty well known problem with the K2's, the "hot AC" being the biggest sign that the condenser has failed/leaking.

Might check with another shop for repairs, if yours did not bother to even check for this.

Edited by JimCost2014
260F1ED0-D6B4-454E-BF61-E4A212C3F91C.thumb.jpeg.643fad238f0cec5e17e310bd4db115f0.jpeg
That's what mine looked like. The new one has a piece of foil there now

I would suggest doing the replacement on your own, ~$150 compared to, what I was quoted, $500. Plenty of videos on youtube, take about 2-3 hours and a few cuss words, but not too bad. And rent a vacuum pump from o'reilly or autozone too

I would suggest doing the replacement on your own, ~$150 compared to, what I was quoted, $500. Plenty of videos on youtube, take about 2-3 hours and a few cuss words, but not too bad. And rent a vacuum pump from o'reilly or autozone too

My dealer charged like $1500 but luckily I was still under warranty.

$1500? That's crazy. Guess they realized how big of an issue it was and upcharged a lot. My quote wasn't from a dealer, but rather a local mechanic. Lucky for me, a buddy at work had done his the week prior and he helped me