2021 Sierra HD 110v power outlet

Ok so I know it's been asked before awhile ago.. I have a 2021 GMC Sierra 2500hd SLE without the 110v outlet in the cab and the bed, but the wiring is behind the dash for the plug to connect to. Has anyone added the plugs, inverter and switch to the dash yet? Is the inverter already there? Really want to add the oem setup to my truck if its possible. Picture isn't exactly my vehicle but you get the idea where the outlet goes.

Oj0I-h_DsqIBqZk_1pgbNqCZ7mChY5XVj125olzWChI.jpg

Edited by Mike LaRocque

No can do.

Inverter is not there from the factory.  The entire cab body harness is different as well for the wiring for the inverter and outlet(s).  And its all BCM controlled.  All in all about $1100 in parts that you can't really do anything with.  

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 3/22/2021 at 9:54 PM, Mike LaRocque said:

Ok so I know it's been asked before awhile ago.. I have a 2021 GMC Sierra 2500hd SLE without the 110v outlet in the cab and the bed, but the wiring is behind the dash for the plug to connect to. Has anyone added the plugs, inverter and switch to the dash yet? Is the inverter already there? Really want to add the oem setup to my truck if its possible. Picture isn't exactly my vehicle but you get the idea where the outlet goes.

On 3/22/2021 at 9:54 PM, Mike LaRocque said:

MAY YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE. IGNORE WHAT OTHERS TELL YOU. Look on that page - http://harnessdr.com/

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 3/22/2021 at 8:54 PM, Mike LaRocque said:

Hello, GM dealer here - client wanting a factory invertor in dash. Need part numbers for control module, harness and anything else required? [email protected]

On 5/2/2021 at 6:27 AM, roeshow24 said:

Do you have Aux switches? Why couldn’t you get your own inverter mount it under the center console and wire it to an aux switch? That’s my plan. It might not work but that’s my thinking

Yep, it would work.  You can add an inverter to any vehicle.  It won't be factory though, and getting the switch, and the outlets wired in to the dash and in the bed would require a bit of time and work.  

My 2020 has the factory outlets.

On 12/16/2022 at 9:01 AM, Pryme said:

I’m suprised it’s not standard on the higher trims. Even my base WT has the 110v in the dash and bed. 

I have that 225 buck option on my custom model.  Priceless in my opinion....And yes, that should have been standard on all models...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hear the factory 400 watt inverter isn't that good, not a pure sine wave inverter, so it might be better to install a higher wattage pure sine wave inverter with all new heavier grade wiring, so you can power higher wattage items.   At the very least, one of my plans is to change out the factory 400 watt inverter with a slightly higher pure sine wave inverter using the same factory wiring.  This way I can charge up a mounted in the bed EcoFlow Delta 2 1800 watt solar generator.     Any thoughts?  

On 12/16/2022 at 8:01 AM, Pryme said:

I’m suprised it’s not standard on the higher trims. Even my base WT has the 110v in the dash and bed. 

It is standard on my 2023 3500 AT4. I don't know what trim levels have it as standard though.

But I already have plans to install a 2000W inverter. I haven't decided how I plan to do it yet. When I get my truck I'll take a look and decide then. I may attempt to rewire the existing outlets or I may leave them and install the 2000W inverter alongside the existing setup.