In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

I went from a 2018 CC Z71 5.3 6 speed to my current 2019 CC 2.7.  
I averaged 17MPG in the 2018

I currently average 20.5 MPG in the 2019 2.7

If you’re looking to save MPG and don’t have a need to tow, the 2.7 is a great.  My 2WD rides like a Cadillac, after the 8 speed jerks from 2nd to 3rd.  

Edited by 2019_Summit
  • 4 weeks later...

I have about 2700 miles on my 2.7 and it’s been back to the dealership once and likely will go back. At first I thought it was a transmission issue but it appears to be an engine issue. It skips and sputters intermittently. All they did the first time was reset the ECM. Frustrating.

On 5/3/2021 at 7:06 PM, praterkeith said:

I have about 2700 miles on my 2.7 and it’s been back to the dealership once and likely will go back. At first I thought it was a transmission issue but it appears to be an engine issue. It skips and sputters intermittently. All they did the first time was reset the ECM. Frustrating.

Are you easy on it? I'm wondering if owning a turbo is like a woman you got to open her up every now and then and ride her hard, and she will treat you better in the long run.

On 5/8/2021 at 5:09 PM, Adamace1 said:

Are you easy on it? I'm wondering if owning a turbo is like a woman you got to open her up every now and then and ride her hard, and she will treat you better in the long run.

So you own People...   You should really reconsider the words you use on a online forum. 

• Haha 1
On 4/9/2021 at 5:29 AM, 2019_Summit said:

I went from a 2018 CC Z71 5.3 6 speed to my current 2018 CC 2.7.  
I averaged 17MPG in the 2018

I currently average 20.5 MPG in the 2019 2.7

If you’re looking to save MPG and don’t have a need to tow, the 2.7 is a great.  My 2WD rides like a Cadillac, after the 8 speed jerks from 2nd to 3rd.  

I can get over 20 mpg on E-85 at 60 mph with a 4.3 V6. Truth is I can't treat is bad enough even in the middle of winter to push it down to the 'national average' 17 mpg even on Ethanol. 

Fuel Economy.gov

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, have had my 2.7 for 6k miles and it's been good... But is it normal for this engine to rev pretty "loud" on accelerating from a stop? Once cruising the turbo accelerates it with a quiet whistle, but going from 0-40 sounds like it's taxing the engine for a normal acceleration.

17 hours ago, Jonathan Akers said:

Hey guys, have had my 2.7 for 6k miles and it's been good... But is it normal for this engine to rev pretty "loud" on accelerating from a stop? Once cruising the turbo accelerates it with a quiet whistle, but going from 0-40 sounds like it's taxing the engine for a normal acceleration.

Yeah it's a 2.7L engine trying to get a full size pickup going.  I love my 2.7L but yeah it sounds a little taxed from a stop.  I don't think you have anything wrong.  With a CAI I've recorded 6.8 second 0-60 not too shabby.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/2/2021 at 2:56 PM, Mike Borowski said:

Yeah it's a 2.7L engine trying to get a full size pickup going.  I love my 2.7L but yeah it sounds a little taxed from a stop.  I don't think you have anything wrong.  With a CAI I've recorded 6.8 second 0-60 not too shabby.

Thanks for the feedback. Which CAI did you get?

I need to find one and test drive it.  Not that I would get it but curious as to how it performs.  Seems like it does really well.

• 1 month later...

I bought a 2021 GMC Sierra 2.7 turbo I’ve had it for 6 months and I already put 18k miles on it she runs brand new still. Sometimes i regret buying because she’s a four banger but i’m telling it pretty fast for a truck. I think i’ve hit 0-60 in 5 seconds before (usually around 6-7 secs) and that’s surprised me. I wish there were mods and stuff you could do to them to make them even faster 

17 minutes ago, fourbanger2.7t said:

I bought a 2021 GMC Sierra 2.7 turbo I’ve had it for 6 months and I already put 18k miles on it she runs brand new still. Sometimes i regret buying because she’s a four banger but i’m telling it pretty fast for a truck. I think i’ve hit 0-60 in 5 seconds before (usually around 6-7 secs) and that’s surprised me. I wish there were mods and stuff you could do to them to make them even faster 

I love my 2.7L but you never hit 0-60 in 5 seconds.