2020 Silverado Jump seat/console swap help.

I just purchased a 2020 Silverado LT, and just didn't like the jump seat. I've read through a lot of the other threads but none of them seemed to be dealing with the 2020, so figured I'd sign up here and make this my first post.

I spent (way too much) on a full console with a USB port in the storage compartment and one in back along with the wireless charging and heated seat buttons (which I don't need). It arrived in great condition, I didn't even remove the seats, just unbolted them slid them back. Took out the jump seat and the new console fit perfectly with all the necessary trim pieces included.

The problem is, there was nothing to plug the new console into and the GM parts department had no clue what I'd need to make this happen (not blaming them, the catalog is huge and a ton of different models). I talked to Phil at the harnessdr.com and he basically told me I was in uncharted territory.  So was wondering if anyone has any ideas?

If the jumpseat you removed had the rear usb ports with the a/c vents then the harness that unplugged from the jumpseat will plug directly into the new console. This was the case with my 2020 Sierra sle. The rear usb, charging tray, and interior console light are now functional. If your jumpseat did not have the usb at the rear then you'll need to do some custom wiring to get things to function.

I also purchased a console like the one you mentioned. I replaced the rear bezel trim for one without the heated seat buttons. There is a cable you can get that connects from the dash usb to the interior console usb. However, I chose to get a blank cap that replaces it.

22 hours ago, Unknown_eyes said:

If the jumpseat you removed had the rear usb ports with the a/c vents then the harness that unplugged from the jumpseat will plug directly into the new console. This was the case with my 2020 Sierra sle. The rear usb, charging tray, and interior console light are now functional. If your jumpseat did not have the usb at the rear then you'll need to do some custom wiring to get things to function.

I also purchased a console like the one you mentioned. I replaced the rear bezel trim for one without the heated seat buttons. There is a cable you can get that connects from the dash usb to the interior console usb. However, I chose to get a blank cap that replaces it.

You have to replace the dash USB pod with a new one to get the ext. harness hooked up to the USB thats inside the floor console.

You had an LT, so all you should have to do is plug the new console directly into the existing wiring harness where your jumpseat was plugged into under the passenger seat.

The inside USB's won't work, but everything else will. 

If your new console had the harness cut out or something, you'll just have to get onto a GM parts website and look for the console harness to install it.

Edited by shanemoon

My jump seat didn't have USB or anything, so the only connection it had were the bolts and trim pieces. Nothing to plug into under the passenger seat.

I did order 84376073 which is the USB cable thing, but it just seems like a factory GM cable with a USB mini connector on each end, I pulled the USB out of the dash and there was a place to next to the existing USB mini, and a place to plug the other end inside the center console, but it didn't work. The dash USB also has a square connector with the red safety lock, I noticed the wireless charger has the same type of connector along with the very rear USB connections (the one with the rear vents). 

But, thinking out loud here... I never checked harnesses that might be listed with the jumpseat (kinda seems obvious now)... would GM (84642229) work? Wondering if that'd be an easy plug-n-play or another rabbit hole to chase down.

I ordered trim from OEMparts source, but the order has been processing for since last monday, is tascaparts good at getting orders out? Not that I'm in a hurry... but I would kind of like to get rid of the heated seat buttons with the correct trim.

Be the first to write a review.

Edited by Brett Logsdon

7 hours ago, Brett Logsdon said:

I ordered trim from OEMparts source, but the order has been processing for since last monday, is tascaparts good at getting orders out? Not that I'm in a hurry... but I would kind of like to get rid of the heated seat buttons with the correct trim. 

I've ordered many times from tascaparts.com and have had good results. They usually let you know pretty quickly if parts are backordered or unavailable. Sometimes it can take them up to a week to ship.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/19/2022 at 8:11 PM, G. D. said:

Anyone have the trim part number for the under dash if you add a Jumpseat 

I have the piece for sale that goes under the dash if you message me we can talk price and shipping