Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Silverado with 6.2L nowhere to be found


Recommended Posts

Hi all,

 

How are people managing to get a Silverado with the 6.2L V8?

 

I'm in Oregon and I can't find a single one in a 200+ mile radius. I'm starting to wonder I'm going to be forced to settle for the 5.3?

 

The Custom Trail Boss with a 6.2L seems like the most amazing truck you can get for the money. I just wish I could actually get one.

 

Any tips or tricks besides factory ordering which takes extremely long?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You might have to further your range. I’ve been kinda searching for a unique type of camaro and had to widen my search to 500 miles or more. If u want it bad enough. Can always get a plane ticket. Fly out and then drive it home.  Good luck with your search. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trucks in general, are selling like crazy.  I just committed to a Sierra Denali and I had to commit to it while it was in transit.  Of course I could have got out of the deal, but the point is, nothing was on the lot.  Plus, there’s incentives, in Michigan at least, that are only good through the end of March.  One hot market right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm in southwest Montana, and had to travel to Salt Lake City to find one. The best way to find one is to use the shopping tools on Chevrolet.com. You can put in exactly what you are looking for and it will show you which dealers have what truck. It saves a lot of hours of searching especially if you are after something specific. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheMarco said:

Hi all,

 

How are people managing to get a Silverado with the 6.2L V8?

 

I'm in Oregon and I can't find a single one in a 200+ mile radius. I'm starting to wonder I'm going to be forced to settle for the 5.3?

 

The Custom Trail Boss with a 6.2L seems like the most amazing truck you can get for the money. I just wish I could actually get one.

 

Any tips or tricks besides factory ordering which takes extremely long?

I just did a search 100 miles from zip code 97006, and took out most options except for the 6.2 - there are some in transit, but you may have to look at an RST or an LT Trail Boss - much better to settle for the upgrades  for those trims than the 5.3 in a Custom..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TheMarco said:

Hi all,

 

How are people managing to get a Silverado with the 6.2L V8?

 

I'm in Oregon and I can't find a single one in a 200+ mile radius. I'm starting to wonder I'm going to be forced to settle for the 5.3?

 

The Custom Trail Boss with a 6.2L seems like the most amazing truck you can get for the money. I just wish I could actually get one.

 

Any tips or tricks besides factory ordering which takes extremely long?

I live in Florida the panhandle and I had to special order mine tb custom 6.2 midnight edition ordered dec 17 just got here last Wed 

Have yet to see a trailboss 6.2 in my area at all 

 

20210327_132136.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, ShadyShopDog said:

I'm in southwest Montana, and had to travel to Salt Lake City to find one. The best way to find one is to use the shopping tools on Chevrolet.com. You can put in exactly what you are looking for and it will show you which dealers have what truck. It saves a lot of hours of searching especially if you are after something specific. 

In my experience, that is not current nor accurate.  I will add that even the local dealers cant' keep their own website up to date.  

 

I don't know the last time any of you have actually gone to the dealer, but I've been to two in the last few weeks, and there are hardly any cars on the lot.  And most of those are used.  I was at the dealer last Monday to get the yearly oil change in my Camaro, and they had maybe 50 vehicles on the lot.  Only 2 were new, and one of those was sold and awaiting pickup.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Jim E said:

In my experience, that is not current nor accurate.  I will add that even the local dealers cant' keep their own website up to date.  

 

I don't know the last time any of you have actually gone to the dealer, but I've been to two in the last few weeks, and there are hardly any cars on the lot.  And most of those are used.  I was at the dealer last Monday to get the yearly oil change in my Camaro, and they had maybe 50 vehicles on the lot.  Only 2 were new, and one of those was sold and awaiting pickup.

I suppose that could be the case at some dealers. I have managed to buy 2 6.2ls in the last 5 weeks this way though. Both from Salt Lake Valley Chevrolet.  There is definitely a shortage though, that is why i had to drive 400 miles to find one.

Edited by ShadyShopDog
Wasn’t done typing
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Fubar12 said:

I live in Florida the panhandle and I had to special order mine tb custom 6.2 midnight edition ordered dec 17 just got here last Wed 

Have yet to see a trailboss 6.2 in my area at all 

 

20210327_132136.jpg

I love these wheels, what tire size are you running?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I ordered a 6.2L LT TB in January that still hasn't been allocated. Two or three weeks ago my Dealer told me both the trim and 6.2L were on 0% constraint and they were hoping the constraints would be lifted soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.