2021 Sierra 2500HD Wind Noise

JMac72 let me know what they figure out please, I'd like a cleaner solution other than blue tape.  Ironically when I tried using clear smooth 3m tape in place of blue paint tape, the whistle came back.  From what I hear, GM moving onto the next model year and most likely no other updates will come out for 21 model.

KIMG8606.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I noticed this for the first time yesterday. Mine is a 2022 gasser so the hood is slightly different than the diesels. Not sure if it's any different at this interface however.  Noise was loud at anywhere from 50 - 80mph and it seemed to come and go, likely with wind direction. Tried folding in the mirrors, running the wipers, etc but it stayed constant so likely this hood seal issue.

After reading this thread I may try to put foam weather strippping behind the rubber seal to maybe help it stay pressed tight. Need to let everything dry out and get in there to see what options I have.

• 2 weeks later...

My noise is still there with the mirrors retracted so its not them. Mine is more of a whistle. When it gets warmer out I will try the front hood tape. That may not be for a few weeks as we are in winter here in the NY.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a relatively annoying wind noise coming from my passenger side.  I ultimately had two issues.  The first was the "felt" board that was against the firewall on the passenger side was slightly misaligned.  After making the adjust the wind noise went down considerably, but was still present on the passenger side.  After doing a thorough look over around the passenger side, I saw my clearance light above the passenger side was not snuggly secure to the cab.  Although the water tight seal was there, I had about an ⅛" gap.  So I dropped the head board and tighten the screw securing the clearance light.  After the adjustment, the light fit flush and was tightly secure.  Took it for a test run up to 80mph and absolutely no wind noise on the passenger side.  The air noise sounds consistent all around and about the same as any other vehicle.  So if you are having this issue and you have clearance lights, take a took and make sure they are tightly secured.

• 1 month later...

I have the 2023 GMC Sierra 2500HD gas and the whistling noise is for sure coming from the marker lights on top of the cab.  I will have to pull the liner and tighten those.  I haven’t noticed anything from the hood or grill area.  I’ll post an update to let you know if that fixed it. 

I hate that some are hearing wind noise in their trucks.  For some reason mine is quiet as a tomb.  No noise at all....I hope you all find out the culprit for your noise because I hate noises in any vehicle.