Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Supersprings on Denali


Recommended Posts

Has anyone installed Supersprings on their 19+ denali with ARC?

Took a wheel off tonight and to my surprise there was a sensor bracket, for ride height im assuming, sitting over the middle of the spring pack 

(Im new to gm trucks, only had this truck 2 weeks)

 

I've been looking for options to handle the tongue weight on this soft as **** rear end, I ordered Supersprings and here we are...   short of disconnecting the rod and bending bracket out of the way... and getting codes. 

 

Ohh,  this is on a 2019 1500 sierra denali 6.2l

 

 

20210330_155313.jpg

Edited by Clayton1985
Add info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, calgator73 said:

Using weight distributing hitch?

I have one,   I will use it.    

I was able to weigh the cargo trailer today,   I'll be right around 9k lbs once I get the rest of stuff in it  (at 7400lbs today when I weighed) 

Problem is the hitch/ pin weight,   I re-arranged inside trailer and my pin weight came up at 1188lbs.    Not sure I can get that any lower.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Clayton1985 said:

I have one,   I will use it.    

I was able to weigh the cargo trailer today,   I'll be right around 9k lbs once I get the rest of stuff in it  (at 7400lbs today when I weighed) 

Problem is the hitch/ pin weight,   I re-arranged inside trailer and my pin weight came up at 1188lbs.    Not sure I can get that any lower.

 

What is the max tongue weight on your door jamb?  You've got to be close.  My technique with a soft suspension is full load restoration even though the manual may say 1/2.  Are you having porpoising on bumps?  Do you see a difference between tow haul and normal when towing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, calgator73 said:

What is the max tongue weight on your door jamb?  You've got to be close.  My technique with a soft suspension is full load restoration even though the manual may say 1/2.  Are you having porpoising on bumps?  Do you see a difference between tow haul and normal when towing?

930 lbs.   

I haven't towed the cargo trailer yet, but it's gotta go 1300km, and thru the rockies lol.    I pulled the boat last week the same trip but it's only 3500 lbs.   It did fine with that.

 I'm returning the supersprings and getting the Roadmaster active suspension to install.

 I'll install the wd hitch and try to re arrange inside the trailer to get more weight from front to middle/back.  See what I get for numbers after that! 

23 hours ago, calgator73 said:

Using weight distributing hitch?

I have one,   I will use it.    

I was able to weigh the cargo trailer today,   I'll be right around 9k lbs once I get the rest of stuff in it  (at 7400lbs today when I weighed) 

Problem is the hitch/ pin weight,   I re-arranged inside trailer and my pin weight came up at 1188lbs.    Not sure I can get that any lower.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Clayton1985 said:

930 lbs.   

I haven't towed the cargo trailer yet, but it's gotta go 1300km, and thru the rockies lol.    I pulled the boat last week the same trip but it's only 3500 lbs.   It did fine with that.

 I'm returning the supersprings and getting the Roadmaster active suspension to install.

 I'll install the wd hitch and try to re arrange inside the trailer to get more weight from front to middle/back.  See what I get for numbers after that! 

I have one,   I will use it.    

I was able to weigh the cargo trailer today,   I'll be right around 9k lbs once I get the rest of stuff in it  (at 7400lbs today when I weighed) 

Problem is the hitch/ pin weight,   I re-arranged inside trailer and my pin weight came up at 1188lbs.    Not sure I can get that any lower.

 

I wouldn't go any lower on the tongue.  13% of 9k is 1170.  That's right in the middle of the range you should be targeting.  Good reviews on the roadmaster kit.  Good luck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This will be a true test of your truck.

 

Please let us know what you decide on your suspension and how the truck does with the trip as it may be of helpful to others.

 

JMHO

No expertise implied or expressed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have a 2020 Chevy 1500 RST and we are needing springs or airbags as when we hook up to our Travel Trailer ( 5700 lbs)  the rear end of the truck drops substantially and affects the ride. We have been told we need to add another spring OR install airbags.  We are leaning toward springs, but am concerned if we install a spring if it will affect the day to day ride when not towing the trailer?  NB We towed this same trailer with our 2014 Chevy 1500 and had no issues.   Interested in hearing from someone that installed a spring in a 2019/2020  and if it affected the ride when not towing a trailer.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rockers said:

We have a 2020 Chevy 1500 RST and we are needing springs or airbags as when we hook up to our Travel Trailer ( 5700 lbs)  the rear end of the truck drops substantially and affects the ride. We have been told we need to add another spring OR install airbags.  We are leaning toward springs, but am concerned if we install a spring if it will affect the day to day ride when not towing the trailer?  NB We towed this same trailer with our 2014 Chevy 1500 and had no issues.   Interested in hearing from someone that installed a spring in a 2019/2020  and if it affected the ride when not towing a trailer.   

I used Helwig helper springs on my 2500 and it made a HUUUGE difference. Daily drives the same and I’ve towed 12,000 lbs with over 2000lbs in the bed with minimal sag.   Much simpler than an airbag set up with less to fail. 
 

 

AA25C138-A93E-4C7C-A456-A967C5744397.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Descartian said:

I used Helwig helper springs on my 2500 and it made a HUUUGE difference. Daily drives the same and I’ve towed 12,000 lbs with over 2000lbs in the bed with minimal sag.   Much simpler than an airbag set up with less to fail. 
 

 

AA25C138-A93E-4C7C-A456-A967C5744397.png

Thanks Descartian. That is good info, looks like the springs you installed were not for a 1500 model. Still hoping to hear from folks with springs installed in their 1500 2019/2020 Chevy. How is the ride when not towing an what kind of Spring they installed. I agree springs are easier set up and less to fail. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Rockers said:

We have a 2020 Chevy 1500 RST and we are needing springs or airbags as when we hook up to our Travel Trailer ( 5700 lbs)  the rear end of the truck drops substantially and affects the ride. We have been told we need to add another spring OR install airbags.  We are leaning toward springs, but am concerned if we install a spring if it will affect the day to day ride when not towing the trailer?  NB We towed this same trailer with our 2014 Chevy 1500 and had no issues.   Interested in hearing from someone that installed a spring in a 2019/2020  and if it affected the ride when not towing a trailer.   

Have you looked into RAS? A few members here have experience with them. I'd probably go with that setup if I did any significant amount of towing.

Screenshot_20210404-104851.jpg

Screenshot_20210404-104845.jpg

Edited by dram1983361
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Rockers said:

Thanks Descartian. That is good info, looks like the springs you installed were not for a 1500 model. Still hoping to hear from folks with springs installed in their 1500 2019/2020 Chevy. How is the ride when not towing an what kind of Spring they installed. I agree springs are easier set up and less to fail. 

Here are all their products for current generation Sierra/Silverado’s. Scroll down to their pro series kits. They will give you the capacity of a 2500 series truck.  https://www.hellwigproducts.com/products/search-by-vehicle/?Year1=2020&Make=GMC&Model=Sierra+1500


It is a progressive setup when you are unloaded it rides like a stock vehicle. It can also be tuned by tightening the U bolts that tie the springs together to give you a stiffer starting point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IVe got the same issue on My 2020 HC 6.2 .  Great for towing but squats to much even with W&D hitch.  I ordered Timbrens last week but considered the Roadmasters, but didnt want my rear end any higher which the Roadmasters tend to do when not towing.  So we will see how they work after they get installed and i tow our 8500# camper.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.