Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Recommended Posts

I’m going to try to describe this.  On a 2020 GMC Sierra quad cab there are these little plastic, or maybe rubber) tubes that cover the horizontal part of the D-hooks on the rear seat back rest that latches into the cab’s latching system.  
 

Does anyone know what those little plastic (or rubber) tubes are called (or a part number or picture description).  I think they are on there strictly to prevent the metal on metal rattling from the D-hook and latch.  My dealership is having a hard time finding them.  Thank you in advance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2021 at 12:07 PM, Matt Grz said:

I’m going to try to describe this.  On a 2020 GMC Sierra quad cab there are these little plastic, or maybe rubber) tubes that cover the horizontal part of the D-hooks on the rear seat back rest that latches into the cab’s latching system.  
 

Does anyone know what those little plastic (or rubber) tubes are called (or a part number or picture description).  I think they are on there strictly to prevent the metal on metal rattling from the D-hook and latch.  My dealership is having a hard time finding them.  Thank you in advance.

What part are you referring to? If you mean the car seat anchor system. I'd just go to you local hardware store and find a piece of flexible tube and put it on there. You'd have to cut it to fit it on but, it should work for what you want it to do.

 

Edited by 2016 Sierra Owner
spell correction
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 2016 Sierra Owner said:

What part are you referring to? If you mean the car seat anchor system. I'd just go to you local hardware store and find a piece of flexible tube and put it on there. You'd have to cut it to fit it on but, it should work for what you want it to do.

 

I am guessing the OP is referring to a rubber/hard plastic piece on the latch the holds the upper portion of the back seat to the cab. Those 3 latches that are a pain to release.

 

But, I would agree with your cure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 2016 Sierra Owner said:

What part are you referring to? If you mean the car seat anchor system. I'd just go to you local hardware store and find a piece of flexible tube and put it on there. You'd have to cut it to fit it on but, it should work for what you want it to do.

 

That’s an awesome idea thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gemarsh said:

I am guessing the OP is referring to a rubber/hard plastic piece on the latch the holds the upper portion of the back seat to the cab. Those 3 latches that are a pain to release.

 

But, I would agree with your cure.

That is the part that I am referring to.  Thank you guys.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.