2016 Suburban condensor and magnetic ride failure

So to most extended warranties are a moneymaker for the dealer but for us, it worked out.

Well, when we purchased our 2016 suburban I went and got the extended warranty through GM for it. Cost us an extra $2k, most say it is a waste.  Well, today it paid for itself.  Our AC wasn't working.  The compressor wasn't coming on and that meant low freon for the most part I was thinking.  Well, I was right and the condenser was leaking.  It is a known issue on these and it was just a matter of time before it went.  While it was at the dealership, they noticed our front passenger strut was leaking.  Since this has a magnetic ride that is expensive as well.  The total for the bill was $2,400.  I only had to pay $100.  So now I'm hoping before the warranty runs out in 2025 that the other struts will go and get replaced as well. The dealer told me that they are up to $700 each now.

Edited by Black02Silverado

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Mandalorian said:

Why did you repeat the same paragraph 4 times?

Besides that, it's pretty well documented MY 2015 and 2016 vehicles have a lot of issues. Just look at Consumer Report's scores.

That's weird, I didn't.  When it posted it was just one.