Tailgate won’t come down with TruXedo TruXport tonneau cover

On 4/9/2021 at 2:17 PM, GN2018 said:

I took it to the installer today and have good news.  We gave it some thought and he was going to make some adjustments.  Then I said, "my friends on gm-trucks, talk about moving tonneau covers forward to handle this."  He looked at it and said that he could probably move it up a 1/4 to 1/2 inch and would try that.  It pretty much worked.  There's just a little lag before the tailgate drops, but it does drop.  Maybe it will loosen up in time.

In reading here and thinking about it, there seems to be a balance between the cover letting the tailgate operate correctly and letting water in.  There will be plenty of rain this weekend, so I'll see if it leaks.  Frankly, I can live with a little water intrusion over it not operating correctly.  I suspect the water will just run down the tailgate and drain.  It's not like the bed it's made to shed water.  Plus, I don't have anything in it except my clubs and a little (stress "little") water isn't going to hurt anything.  It's not a car trunk after all.  We'll see if he got the balance right.  It looks like there's a good chance he did.

Now, just have to keep an eye on my rear slider for leaks.  But that's another thread. :)

Sounds like it might have worked. Any feedback after the recent rains? Thanks!