2011 silverado 1500 - oil pressure gauge install

looking to install a mechanical oil pressure gauge pod to my a-pillar on the truck.  i still want the factory one on the dash to work.  is there another location i can tap into for oil pressure?  isnt there an adaptor that can be installed between the oil filter and the engine block?  if so, i cant find what i need.  can anyone help me out?

thanks 

2011 silverado 1500 5.3L

PS - what about an electric gauge?  any thoughts on that?

Edited by Bleepster
asked abiut electric gauge

No way I'd want an oil line ran into the truck. Go with a quality electronic pressure gauge if you must have one.

If your truck doesn't have an oil cooler you can use the oil cooler plate adapter piece for adding in a pressure gauge. Or you can remove the stock block off plate, drill and tap it for the threads of the pressure gauge.

They are pretty accurate for oil pressure. Coolant temp is not though. The gauge will say 210 but the real temp is about 10-15 degrees cooler than that on those years. You can use a scan tool to verify that.

The only bummer about the oil pressure is the distance between the lines for the readings on the cluster. A different gauge would actually tell you 23psi or 37psi etc etc etc.