Factory parts for 2021 GMC 3500HD

Hi All, has anyone successfully ordered parts for a 2021 GMC 3500? My truck did not have the upfitter switch option from the factory so I need to order the full kit including the switch panel and the knee panel for the dash. I found that none of the upfitter parts are listed as compatible for the 3500 model so it’s hard to figure out which ones are correct. I tried to order from gmpartsdirect but they gave me a hard time that they aren’t listed as compatible for my VIN. But then I noticed that as far as I can tell, GM hasn’t officially marked *any* parts as compatible with this model truck. When I search for parts for a 2021 GMC 3500 at gmpartsdirect the only pieces that show up are accessories / add-ons. None of the factory parts are listed for any part of the truck. Does anyone know what’s up with that? Many parts (including the upfitter switch) are listed for the Chevy 3500, it’s just GMC that’s missing, and I’d assume most parts are interchangeable.

On 5/3/2021 at 7:24 AM, newdude said:

UI Bulletin 153c.pdf (gmupfitter.com)

Second page shows you the kit #s based on interior color and whether it has push button start or not.  

Yeah, that was the bulletin I used. What I mean is that I tried to order the indicated part number, but since they aren’t officially listed as compatible with my VIN it meant I would be penalized if I needed to return them. The return policy is usually different if you purchase with a verified VIN. Since none of the parts are officially listed I’m also a bit unsure whether these are the right parts for an HD or if those kits are just for the half tons, even though 153c makes it sound like they apply to the HDs too it isn’t super clear.

7 hours ago, John FX said:

Yeah, that was the bulletin I used. What I mean is that I tried to order the indicated part number, but since they aren’t officially listed as compatible with my VIN it meant I would be penalized if I needed to return them. The return policy is usually different if you purchase with a verified VIN. Since none of the parts are officially listed I’m also a bit unsure whether these are the right parts for an HD or if those kits are just for the half tons, even though 153c makes it sound like they apply to the HDs too it isn’t super clear.

The kits are for 1/2 ton and HD.  The difference here being that HD trucks with 9L7 aux factory ordered have the bolster installed and come with the wiring to be added.  1/2 ton trucks if factory ordered come as a kit (those #s) with the bolster, switch and wiring.  

Don't order it from one of the online sites, go to your dealer and order it.  The online sites always ask for a VIN.  

Edited by newdude