Chevy 5.3L 1500, Vacuum line locations

Hello, If someone could give me some advice that'd be wonderful. I own a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 5.3L and im purchasing a straight pipe/standard exhaust converter. the converter requires a vacuum line to tap into, anyone have any ideas? thank you

• Confused 1

What?

There are basically zero vacuum lines on these engines. The only two lines that go into the intake are for the PCV system.

You can't run a vacuum line down to any part of the exhaust, that would create a vacuum leak and to be honest I have never heard of an exhaust converter needing a vacuum line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, CamGTP said:

its a converter from ECSTuning. they are designed for European cars but the universal system in the link works with any vehicle if it has a vacuum line you're able to tap into so you can swap from straight pipe to regular exhaust in the press of a button. https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/build-your-own-universal-vacuum-actuated-exhaust-cutout-kit-single-cutout/020923ecs01~dk/?pdk=AAAAAQQEAQ

So it's a cutout, not a converter.

You can run a vacuum source down there from the brake booster line. You should be able to find a "T" fitting with two large nipples and a smaller nipple so you can run a line down to the cut out.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2023 at 11:04 PM, Roderick Rogers said:

There is a vacuum line on the passenger side, mine is leaking, behind the intake and manifold, tryna get to it, found it while I was under the truck on my 2014silverado, caused me all sorts of problems 

Im having problems with locating the hose behind the manifold because I’m having that same problem on my 2017. Where exactly is that hose connected to?