How many pins for trailer lights?

I just bought a boat I need to know how many pins do I buy the plug for. The trailer has 3 female and 1 male. But the round one that plugs into my 2020 1500 high country does anyone know which one it takes ? 

12 minutes ago, ForwardJulio said:

I just bought a boat I need to know how many pins do I buy the plug for. The trailer has 3 female and 1 male. But the round one that plugs into my 2020 1500 high country does anyone know which one it takes ? 

7 pin 

11 minutes ago, ForwardJulio said:

Just grab the adapter pretty much any Walmart or auto parts store will have it in stock....U-Haul is pretty much guaranteed.

Just look for a 7-pin to 4-way flat

• Like 1

There’s a 4 pin right above the 7 pin on my 19, but I think it may be replaced with trailer camera ports on trucks equipped that way.

Adapters are cheap but definitely don’t live long. My boat has the kooky 5 pin connector to disable the surge brakes in reverse. I go through an adapter a year because I’m too lazy to just rewire the trailer to 7 pin. 

• Like 1

Just to make sure I understand your question, does the boat trailer have a flat 4 connector?  If so, than it would plug into the flat 4 connector above the seven pin connector on your truck's bumper.  But maybe I'm missing the point.

6 minutes ago, AnacortesArmyGuy said:

Just to make sure I understand your question, does the boat trailer have a flat 4 connector?  If so, than it would plug into the flat 4 connector above the seven pin connector on your truck's bumper.  But maybe I'm missing the point.

Think you are spot on.

Post a picture of your set up, this might help the OP with a visual aid.

That is how it is on my 18, was not sure if they changed things with the T1's.

Here's a picture of the trailer connectors on my 2020 (with covers closed).  The top one is the flat four pin connector used for many small boats and utility/cargo trailers.  The bottom one is the round seven pin connector used for larger trailers, such as a travel trailer.  

669FE958-E148-49B7-8DDA-FFC0FED25CA6.jpeg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AnacortesArmyGuy said:

Here's a picture of the trailer connectors on my 2020 (with covers closed).  The top one is the flat four pin connector used for many small boats and utility/cargo trailers.  The bottom one is the round seven pin connector used for larger trailers, such as a travel trailer.  

669FE958-E148-49B7-8DDA-FFC0FED25CA6.jpeg

Off topic, I am a class of 1984 from Burlington Edison.

Was up for the Tulip Festival a couple of weekend's ago.

3 hours ago, txab said:

This one or one of the many other brands/types out there

519XDwSlSnL._AC_SL1050_.jpg

I bought this one it worked with one trailer and now on my née trailer it’s doesn’t work. None of the little red lights light up.  Do you know where the fuse for this is ? 

2 hours ago, ForwardJulio said:

I bought this one it worked with one trailer and now on my née trailer it’s doesn’t work. None of the little red lights light up.  Do you know where the fuse for this is ? 

So with the trailer plugged into the adapter, the trailer lights don’t work? Or just the test lights don’t work? 

Without a trailer plugged in, the truck won’t sense the load of just those little test lights and may not illuminate them with ONLY the adapter plugged in. 

• Like 1