Display Messed up on Occasion - 2nd time over a month

Howdy all. I have a 2014 Silverado 1500 with the bigger Chevy My Link display. I have had this truck for almost 2 years now and never had an issue with anything electronic wise in that time. 4-6 weeks ago I remote started my truck, got in, turned the key and the radio display was black. I could still press where preset channels were and it would change the station, but the screen was completely black. I got home and disconnected the battery cable for 15 minutes and reconnected it and all was fine.

Fast forward to today. I started my truck (with key, not remote) and same issue. I shut the truck off and opened the door, shut the door, started the truck, same thing. Did this 4 or 5 times and then got what you see below. Again, got home, disconnected battery cable for 10-15 minutes, problem fixed. Backup camera also works just fine when this issue happens.

I did install a Range AFM delete probably 2 months or more ago but the problem didn't present itself until a month after that was installed and now again today. Not sure if they are related?

Ideas on what could be the issue? Is it nothing to worry about it and I just fix it as it happens? (battery cable disconnect fix)

photo4963135740947048886.jpg

30 minutes ago, TONYMAC617 said:

Found this to reboot your MyLink: Hopefully this will work? 

Mylink/Intellilink (2014-2016)
• Press the Home and Fast Forward buttons for at least 10 seconds

Ah, much appreciated! I will definitely give that a shot next time this happens.

While on this subject, do these systems need to be updated periodically? Like, can the dealer apply a firmware update if there is one? Wasn't sure if that was something I should keep up on. I work in IT so to me, updates come along every once in a while and usually don't hurt. Usually. ;)