2019 ltz rear axle 5° out of alignment

So, I have 2" level kit in the front and a 1.5" spacer in the rear.  I took it in to get realigned after 2 years and they noticed that my rear is significantly out of alignment. The entire axle is crooked.  You can even see the spacing of the tires to the fender is different side to side.  It looks like my right side has shifted forward somehow.  Any ideas how this could happen. Or how to fix it.  I also have tow bags so I'm afraid this is gonna be a pain.  I almost think I need to lift it but the frame directly above the axle.  But thats a huge distance from the ground.  No jack would lift it tall enough.  Any ideas are appreciated.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Ezekiel2517 said:

So, I have 2" level kit in the front and a 1.5" spacer in the rear.  I took it in to get realigned after 2 years and they noticed that my rear is significantly out of alignment. The entire axle is crooked.  You can even see the spacing of the tires to the fender is different side to side.  It looks like my right side has shifted forward somehow.  Any ideas how this could happen. Or how to fix it.  I also have tow bags so I'm afraid this is gonna be a pain.  I almost think I need to lift it but the frame directly above the axle.  But thats a huge distance from the ground.  No jack would lift it tall enough.  Any ideas are appreciated.  Thanks.

On prior models, there is a "spec tolerance" about how far the rear end can be off and considered normal.

Trying to find the exact numbers, not finding them right now.

It may be that center bolt.  You can actually see that the entire axle is shifted on the spring.  Is that alignment stud on the axle or the spring?  I can't remember.  Maybe it sheared off on the block I added.  It's been 2 years so I can't really remember.  I recall the install was easy enough.  No hiccups when we did it.  

I have a 2019 Sierra 1500 X31, put upgraded supers ion (factory) plus factory 2" leveling kit when I purchased...I noticed that my bed was offset where it comes up to the cab on the drivers side.  Dealer obviously said it was supposed to be that way...another issue is squeaking brakes!  I have complained for a year...truck sounds like a Sherman tank when I come to a stop...happens randomly throughout the day.  Dealer says GM is aware of it and they are awaiting a part...GM keeps referring me to dealer...anyone else notice this? or could bed offset be a result of rear end out of alignment?

That guy in the video that fixed his axle alignment has another problem with the blocks that axle should never move like that either that pin in the block is bad or its the wrong block for that truck as the pin in the block is to be the same size as the hole in the spring pad to prevent movement. What he did is not going to last it will slip back. I have installed many lift kits in the past and never had one with that much play in the in the pin hole. I bet he moved that axle back a good 3/16 of an inch if not more.  

The other coincidental thing I notice is that my rear bumper has been hit by someone in that right rear corner.  It's not that bad.  It slightly damaged the plastic one the edge of the step molding.  And it's very slightly bent down.  It's likely been that way for months as it's very mild.  But I wonder if someone could have hit me in the parking lot and hit the tire in he process.   I can't figure out for the life of me how this mount could be shifted forward.  It seems like any driving impact would move it backwards .

3 hours ago, lapoolboy said:

Are you sure your bed isn't just misaligned like so many thousands of others are?

Very true it is not a good place to get a measurement but he should not have that much play in the pin block to the pad as much as it moved.

6 hours ago, Ezekiel2517 said:

The other coincidental thing I notice is that my rear bumper has been hit by someone in that right rear corner.  It's not that bad.  It slightly damaged the plastic one the edge of the step molding.  And it's very slightly bent down.  It's likely been that way for months as it's very mild.  But I wonder if someone could have hit me in the parking lot and hit the tire in he process.   I can't figure out for the life of me how this mount could be shifted forward.  It seems like any driving impact would move it backwards .

Not really, think about it when you step on the gas going forward the tires (axle) move forward with the truck making the axle slide to the front. If I were you I would remove that block ASAP and check it because if that pin is broke or the wrong size for the hole it will get worse and worse yet if the pin is broke that block could come out while driving and it wont be pretty. Please take the time and check it.

Those block pins are molded into the block casting, it could be broke off and is catching itself and as I said that axle shouldn't have moved that much when you cranked it back there's a problem there. If you take it off and its not broke then its the wrong block the block pin and the hole in the axle pad should be a snug fit.

So....I took it all apart today. The block was fine.  The pin was fine.  The block pin was in the slot on the spring.  However the block is largely hollow and the axle pin was sitting in one of the hollow spots.  Not the pin socket on the block.  I suspect it's likely been like this since I installed it since the u bolts were completely tight. The right shock is in front of the axle and pulls everything forward.  So I hooked up a ratchet strap to the axle and read leaf spring hanger and pulled it all back into place.  Seems fine.  But Holy crap it messed up my alignment!  I'll have to go in next week to get it realigned.  

Screenshot_20210515-214200_eBay.jpg

20210515_164505.jpg

So....I took it all apart today. The block was fine.  The pin was fine.  The block pin was in the slot on the spring.  However the block is largely hollow and the axle pin was sitting in one of the hollow spots.  Not the pin socket on the block.  I suspect it's likely been like this since I installed it since the u bolts were completely tight. The right shock is in front of the axle and pulls everything forward.  So I hooked up a ratchet strap to the axle and read leaf spring hanger and pulled it all back into place.  Seems fine.  But Holy crap it messed up my alignment!  I'll have to go in next week to get it realigned.