Surprised there is not a strong enough market for these to be sold in the USA.

Saw this on a Facebook page I joined last week. Pretty sharp looking truck.

Guess they are still sold in (stock, not like this) Canada and Mexico. This one is for sale in California.

RCSB #1.jpg

RCSB#2.jpg

Edited by JimCost2014

• JimCost2014 changed the title to Surprised there is not a strong enough market for these to be sold in the USA.

I read article a while back where they asked someone from GM if they would bring back the single cab short bed trucks to the USA and he said that it isn't off the table so there is still hope. The trucks are built in the US but then shipped out to other world markets like the middle east.

38 minutes ago, CamGTP said:

I read article a while back where they asked someone from GM if they would bring back the single cab short bed trucks to the USA and he said that it isn't off the table so there is still hope. The trucks are built in the US but then shipped out to other world markets like the middle east.

That looks like a long bed to me and is sold here as a WT.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rob Mugs said:

That looks like a long bed to me and is sold here as a WT.

It's a 6.5 bed.

Long beds are 8ft and the distance between the cab and wheel well is much larger.

e33b9da64c8cfeb409213b10cb1a8848.jpg

• Thanks 1

Shrug.. maybe the angles the shots are taken differ, but what you posted vs the OP look the same to me.  That bed doesn't look like a short or standard

1493600157_RCSB2.jpg.acf43243ce641800daee42968021c5ae.jpg.af06cd8d1cd624373ada431423367820.jpg

Edited by Rob Mugs

I would actually consider a reg cab, standard bed SLT or version of this....I bought dbl cab after having crew cab but this would work for me.....some don't need room for families or they have other vehicles.....even a dbl cab Denali or AT4 

2 minutes ago, Dunn said:

I would actually consider a reg cab, standard bed SLT or version of this....I bought dbl cab after having crew cab but this would work for me.....some don't need room for families or they have other vehicles.....even a dbl cab Denali or AT4 

The issue is, they'd sell a few thousand of those.  Pretty edge-case

Maybe an easier way to tell is look at the very bottom body line on that work truck. The body line that is 2 inches up, runs about 20 inches down from the start of the bed and is even with the bottom of the door. You can see that line in the first trucks picture, that line is much shorter even with the difference in angle of the picture.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rob Mugs said:

The issue is, they'd sell a few thousand of those.  Pretty edge-case

I know.....its not worth it to them which is why they stopped

11 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

Saw this on a Facebook page I joined last week. Pretty sharp looking truck.

Guess they are still sold in (stock, not like this) Canada and Mexico. This one is for sale in California.

Regular cab is only available with long bed in Canada. 

Regular cab with standard bed (6.5ft) is no longer available.

I'm not aware that a regular cab short bed  (5'8") was ever sold by GM anywhere (yes, there are customs done that way)

3 hours ago, redwngr said:

Regular cab is only available with long bed in Canada. 

Regular cab with standard bed (6.5ft) is no longer available.

I'm not aware that a regular cab short bed  (5'8") was ever sold by GM anywhere (yes, there are customs done that way)

Good to know.

It is a 2020, thought it was pretty cool, made me miss my lowered 2004 RCSB.

1 hour ago, AtomicYJ said:

As impractical as it would be for me with a kid right now, I would love a regular cab 6.5' box LT Trail Boss

if they sold the interior of LT with all goodies.....making the suspension a TB is piece of cake.....