In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Eletrical failure/issues

Hi all, 

I have a stock 2018 silverado with 47k miles. Just recently I started getting a service trailer brake system light and steering system is reduced drive with care error on my dash. Dealer said it was a Electronic brake controller module. While waiting for this part to come in my compass flashed to CAL and my park assist started to throw codes. I have also had stabili track, parking brake, traction control errors on the dash. 

Unfortunately at 47k miles GM won't help me a dime on this, very frustrating having to pay everything out of pocket.

Anyone have these issues before? 

When you start getting multiple errors like this, the first thing I say is to check your battery.  When the battery starts going bad, the voltage fluctuates and that can cause the computer to go wonky.  If you are still on the OEM battery, it is approximately 3 years old and probably going bad.  Get that checked first and maybe save yourself some money by not having to buy unnecessary parts.

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestion, ran a battery test and it tested normal. I'm sure it is showing some signs being a bit older and living in colder climates. May be worth getting a new one installed anyways. 

Update!

Dealership installed a new EBCM. This did not fix the issue and they could still not connect to the computer system. After a couple hours they decided to replace the Chassis control module.

Just got a call today that this fixed the issue. Thanks for all the help and suggestions. 

• Like 1