In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

maximum startup volume settings

when i start the truck, radio volume comes on VERY loud.  In settings, i set the maximum startup volume to very low.  That works for a couple of starts, but then it resets itself to a loud position.  It doesn't matter what the volume is when i turn the truck off, it comes on VERY loud

i have the  opposite problem.  i set my volume where i like i and over night or the next time i start it, it goes back to zero or no volume, among other problems with "settings"..

talked to our salesman and the service manager.  They never heard of the problem.  A friend with a 2021 Silverado is having same problem.  He's taking if in for service tomorrow.  I will tell you what he finds out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2021 at 8:14 PM, billa355 said:

when i start the truck, radio volume comes on VERY loud.  In settings, i set the maximum startup volume to very low.  That works for a couple of starts, but then it resets itself to a loud position.  It doesn't matter what the volume is when i turn the truck off, it comes on VERY loud

I have had a problem where my radio starts up crazy loud for a couple seconds then "sets" itself to MY Profile settings. After researching in here, there is sometimes a delay from startup to when your profile syncs and it uses your settings. During that delay it will be at whatever the settings are when there is no profile selected. I am trying to delete my profile now and use the "no profile" now with the sound settings at my preferred levels and see if that helps. My thought is that if you set the NO Profile settings to what you want, then there re sign in with your profile, there shouldn't be any issues anymore. IF your the only one that really drives your truck then really no profile is needed. 

I don't think I have a profile set up.   Or if it's even an option on my truck?  How do you even check for a profile?

6 minutes ago, THE YETI said:

I don't think I have a profile set up.   Or if it's even an option on my truck?  How do you even check for a profile?

When you hit the home button for your display there should be an icon that has either "Profile" or Maybe "Users" Should look like a person of some sort. Usually if you use the same key fob it'll sign you in automatically since you're using that key.

Posted (edited)

Hmm maybe it's not on the LT's. I haven't noticed it anyway. I'll have to check.  Thanks.

Edited by THE YETI

No 'users' or 'profile' on my home screen but I remote started it then got in a couple mins later when I turned it on and went to drive away. It was quiet.  The way I had tried to set it before.  I'll have to check again next time just starting normally and see if it still stays how it was set before.

On 6/7/2021 at 6:03 AM, Danski said:

I have had a problem where my radio starts up crazy loud for a couple seconds then "sets" itself to MY Profile settings. 

Yep!  Profiles are more of a pain in the ass than they're worth.  Since I'm basically the only one driving it, I nixxed that whole deal

Damn. Mine seemed to be working. Then started it up and bam loud AF again. Then was good again next time. It seems to have a mind of its own. I always had the same key fob in my pocket each time too.  I'll get this figured out eventually I guess. Otherwise I'll have to mention it when I go for my first oil change.  (On a side note. Do these things still come with first 2 years oil changes for free?  Otherwise I'll do it myself)

Yes. Call the dealer. There is a patch for the 2021. Took about 30 minutes. I did not leave it all day. Seems to be holding altho it is a patch.  1-2 months for the software fix according to my dealer.

Damn.  I ain't got time for the dealer. But it is what it is I guess.  Suppose a visit there will be in my future sooner or later then.  Was hoping to wait til the first oil change(if they are still complimentary for the first few) but it's kind of annoying and the neighbor probly doesn't appreciate it at 5am every morning either.

I logged out of my profile and returned to guest mode.  I went into settings/sounds and turned the start up volume nearly all the way down.  I logged back into my profile and now now no more LOUD start up!