Website Issues

28 minutes ago, BIGDOGx said:

This site has essentially been getting progressively worse since it was upgraded a couple weeks back. Obviously something is not liking the switch, not sure it could be done but i would vote to go back to the old style format that worked and frankly imo was cleaner looking and easier to navigate and read. Sorry to say this as i know it probably was a lot of headaches and time spent trying to update this site but yeah the old was better imo.

I agree. Get it working on Tapatalk again. Iv been visiting other GM sites that I can access on Tapatalk.  Spending more and more time there.

Hopefully the website format issues are fixed soon.  As it stand it's virtually unusable.   Great user group otherwise, would hate to go elsewhere.

Same here. It works off and on. I have an ad blocker on my computer that eliminates the ads. I added it for another forum I'm on when the ads got ridiculous.

Phil

everytime a message board changes the Forum layout they all get screwed up, seen it time and time again......just leave it alone it was fine way it was, mine is messed up now and has been for awhile.......and yeah i stopped going to other ones becasue of it.....

Finally found the "reply" box after scrolling through miles of vertical text, huge emoji's.

This place is a mess, but, I'm also not a supporting member so I do understand I get what I pay for :)

But seriously - it's been a few weeks of this and for those of us who want to read and contribute, I wish it would work correctly even if there are lots of ads. I've tried several browsers and platforms and the thing is just borked up.

37 minutes ago, loud_pipes said:

I really don’t want to go to another forum.  But between Tapatalk not working and the website drag, it has been unusable for weeks.  

Iv been bouncing back and forth. Honestly this has more traffic it seems. I can access the other on Tapatalk, big difference. I can see a migration coming if this doesn’t straighten out.

@txab - thanks for the info. Why can’t the owners of the site be more transparent about these issues though? Seems that’s what this sub-forum is for. Can’t they at least provide some updates on their progress or a high level issues list that they’re working on? Idk, being silent doesn’t help anything.

How can one be a paid web programmer and make this mess. But I digress, You should have seen the GM corporate service and especially the training site. Cluster fck. They tried to update, wasted 2 years trying to fix it and gave up. Turned the clock and software back. Again, paid programmers. They make Windows ME look good.