In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Threw on some 285s today.

Finally pulled the trigger on new tires today.  Went from the factory 265/65/18s to 285/65/18 Yokohama Geolandar X-AT.  My son got them at his shop at a great price.

Great fit on the stock 18s with a Rough Country level.

IMG_20210524_191945580_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210524_191959364.jpg

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2021 at 9:13 AM, BamaBen said:

GPS shows 51 mph at 50 mph speedometer indicated.  I can live with that.

Surprised it's not a bigger difference.

How was it reading before?  Was it spot on?

Bigger tires than factory should mean that you're actually driving faster than reported on the cluster, isn't that right?

Edited by BlaineBug

Good look and I like the 285s on the truck. 

Currently running 275 55 20 from my sold off 2003 Sierra Denali. I couldn't let go of my forged Centerline Tomahawks.

Originally had 275 60 20, which went to the SD and think I'll be going back to a 285 60 20, if my Nitto 420s ever wear out.

The Yokos are 1” taller than the 265 Wranglers, at least to the calculator below.  Speed difference varies as speed increases.

741B0B07-E7F1-4C6B-8DF9-356D3955E1B6.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Not too loud.  Definitely not as loud as a pure mud tire, but just slightly louder than BFG KO2s.  They may quiet down after a few miles to break them in.

I will say they have a stiff sidewall.  Much harder feel going over speed bumps at 33 psi.  Could be that my Wranglers were wore out too.

Edited by BamaBen
Spelling
  • Like 1

So far avg says about 1 mpg less.  Given the speedo is off about 1 mph, that could be the reason.

Honestly, I haven't driven but about 50 miles since I put them on.  Chillin and grillin all weekend.  Back to the grind tomorrow so I'll get a good sense on in town mpg this week.

So after 3 days of regular mixed driving about town...some interstate, some downtown, lots of 55-65 mph stop and go  highways...I've averaged 15 mpg.  The Toyos are heavier than the little Wranglers I took off, so I guess it should be expected.  I won't know long trip mpg until next month when I have to drive to Orlando.