In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

I just spent over $500.00 to replace a water damaged antenna on my 2017 GMC Denali.  Got in the Denali after a storm and had water dripping down the driver side post at the headliner.

GMC sent out a bulletin (Document ID: 4828810) to its Dealers notifying them of an issue with the orientation of the water gap on the gasket used to seal the the Shark Roof antenna which allows water to "weep" away from under the antenna where it sits on the roof.  The bulletin identified vehicles from 2015 to 2018 having this issue - significant number of vehicles.

This gap faces the rear of the vehicle.  Their "solution" is to turn the gap to the front of the vehicle.  The part was $175.00 and labor was $320.00.  

After reading about what is eligible for a "Recall," I don't feel this qualifies.  However, for a solution that was so simple to fix, yet so expensive why am I responsible for this expense when it was an error in manufacturing?

Questions:

Why was I as a GMC vehicle owner not notified of this as an issue,?

Why am I forced to pay for a manufacturing issue created by GMC?

Any ideas on re-course? I am sure I  am not the only one with this issue...

Danny Crumpler D S C

[email protected]