In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Phone holder

That's what she said.

Do you have wireless phone charging?  If not, have you considered upgrading to that?  It keeps your phone in the bin under the radio, but if you connect via cable to the radio you'll be able to use Android Auto or Apple carplay on the screen of your radio. 

4 hours ago, fatkid24 said:

I’m pretty sure he can use Apple CarPlay wireless in a 21. I’d check out pro clip USA. They have a free options. I use a Quadlock case and mount on the windshield. 

We don't know the trim level of the truck.  It is our assumption the OP has wireless Apple Carplay/Android Auto.

I used the Pro Clip on my other truck and a great holder.

A question on the wireless charging compartment, the manual says it gets hot. How hot does it get?

I've been told the sound is much better through the speaker system with Apple Carplay/Android Auto vs. Bluetooth. 

Apologies OP, don't mean to hijack the thread.

Since I have my phone connected to the truck through Blue Tooth, I just throw mine in the bin by the radio and use the truck controls to make calls etc......  I do wish the Android Car Play worked wireless, don't like having to plug the phone in every time I want to use it.   

On 6/6/2021 at 1:29 PM, DenaliSS said:

I used the Pro Clip on my other truck and a great holder.

A question on the wireless charging compartment, the manual says it gets hot. How hot does it get?

I've been told the sound is much better through the speaker system with Apple Carplay/Android Auto vs. Bluetooth. 

Apologies OP, don't mean to hijack the thread.

I couldn't tell a difference between the 2 methods