Auto Stop/Start discontinued on most V8 / 10 speeds

KL9    Automatic Stop/Start
1 -  Included and only available with (L3B) 2.7L Turbo engine. 
2 -  Standard on vehicles built before 6-7-2021. Most vehicles built on or after 6-7-2021 that are equipped with a V8 engine and (MQB) 10-speed automatic transmission will have (NSS) Not Equipped with Automatic Stop/Start, which removes Automatic Stop/Start and its content. See dealer for details.

NSS    Not Equipped with Automatic Stop/Start, see dealer for details
1 -  Most Vehicles built on or after 6-7-2021 with a V8 engine and (MQB) 10-speed automatic transmission will have (NSS) Not Equipped with Automatic Stop/Start, which removes Automatic Stop/Start and its content. 

Edited by redwngr
  • Like 1

• redwngr changed the title to Auto Stop/Start discontinued on most V8 / 10 speeds

Mine was built last Sept.  I hate it, always disable it on every start because the few times I did not disable it when it was new, it jerked with it came back on and that seemed to me to be hard on the engine. 

• 2 weeks later...

If I don’t like the 2022 refresh along with not having any HP/TQ increases. I can see myself finding a leftover 2021 model without auto stop/start and DFM. (Granted, if any leftovers are available😂) Best of both worlds. Just a nice old Chevy small block without the hassle of those 2 things. I turn my auto stop/start off all the time.  The DFM isn’t as bad but I’d rather have a V8 all the time. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my build sheet for the new truck and the build date is 6/9/21. No DFM, and the Autostop button is there but the truck hasn't shut off at a light yet. Now I know why. Pretty awesome to get a 2021 with no stop/start or cylinder deactivation.

1 hour ago, yamaha0343 said:

Just got my build sheet for the new truck and the build date is 6/9/21. No DFM, and the Autostop button is there but the truck hasn't shut off at a light yet. Now I know why. Pretty awesome to get a 2021 with no stop/start or cylinder deactivation.

I can believe no Auto stop but they are still coming with DFM I'll bet.

ENG 6.2L ECOTEC3 V8 NO AUTOSTOP 2,495.00 WITH DYNAMIC FUEL MANAGEMENT

Edited by steelcity

5 hours ago, steelcity said:

I can believe no Auto stop but they are still coming with DFM I'll bet.

ENG 6.2L ECOTEC3 V8 NO AUTOSTOP 2,495.00 WITH DYNAMIC FUEL MANAGEMENT

Negatory, actually has No DFM listed on the sticker with a $50 rebate. I think some of the trucks have it and some don’t.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, yamaha0343 said:

I would assume that if it wasn’t specifically listed as having RPO code NSS, you didn’t get a $50 credit, and you have the button in the truck then your truck does have auto stop/start.