Auto Stop/Start discontinued on most V8 / 10 speeds

I wish I could get someone (professional no not diy'r) to install that on my truck. I talked with a local auto electronics installer and he has some issues with installing any disabling devices like this, so no way.  

Its a younger mans job and I cannot handle it. 

50 minutes ago, elcamino said:

I wish I could get someone (professional no not diy'r) to install that on my truck. I talked with a local auto electronics installer and he has some issues with installing any disabling devices like this, so no way.  

Its pretty simple but I can see how it could look overwhelming. If you were closer to me I would have done it for you. Maybe you can find someone local in here that can do this for you 👍

54 minutes ago, elcamino said:

I'm 55 and did it with no issues, really pretty simple. 

On 6/28/2021 at 5:38 AM, Mudcon said:

It will be back after the shortage.  For now its the same reason they are taking away HD radio for a while. 

HD radio, lol another joke product, poor reception the channels are spin offs of the main channel to be sold for as mexican, asian and armenian  radio,  or AM channels jumping over to FM.  

XM put the nail in the HD radio coffin

I'm 55 and did it with no issues, really pretty simple.

I take Brilinta so a cut will cause a lot of bleeding etc......

"Brilinta may cause you to bleed more easily, which can be severe or life-threatening. Avoid activities that may increase your risk of bleeding or injury."

Edited by elcamino

On 6/12/2021 at 4:47 PM, redwngr said:

KL9    Automatic Stop/Start
1 -  Included and only available with (L3B) 2.7L Turbo engine. 
2 -  Standard on vehicles built before 6-7-2021. Most vehicles built on or after 6-7-2021 that are equipped with a V8 engine and (MQB) 10-speed automatic transmission will have (NSS) Not Equipped with Automatic Stop/Start, which removes Automatic Stop/Start and its content. See dealer for details.

NSS    Not Equipped with Automatic Stop/Start, see dealer for details
1 -  Most Vehicles built on or after 6-7-2021 with a V8 engine and (MQB) 10-speed automatic transmission will have (NSS) Not Equipped with Automatic Stop/Start, which removes Automatic Stop/Start and its content. 

Do you know if this applies also to the LM2 3.0 diesel with 10 speed transmission?    I love to get rid it on my truck.

8 hours ago, GJR1212 said:

Do you know if this applies also to the LM2 3.0 diesel with 10 speed transmission?    I love to get rid it on my truck.

AFAIK the 3.0 will still have auto stop/start. 

(all 3.0 get the 10 spd)