Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

GM's factory lift kit part numbers, RST, Z71 etc...


Recommended Posts

No, a RST doesn't sit 3" higher than an LT.  They should be the same ride height.

 

You haven't really told us anything about your truck to help identify the exact package needed, so hopefully this helps. 

 

https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/lift-suspension-upgrade-system-for-4wd-vehicles-84993582?model=Silverado 1500&modelId=491&bodyId=22&body=Crew Cab Pickup&wheelId=652&wheel=Standard Box&trimId=478&trim=LTZ&driveId=8&drive=4WD&engineId=5920&engine=6.2L V8 GAS&bodyNumDoors=5&year=2020&make=Chevrolet&categoryId=98004

Edited by Transient
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i have stock 2WD with Gov lock ,2016 LT truck, looking to do some gold prospecting and exploring here in California and AZ , so I travel lots of dirt roads, I'm scraping a lot in the ruts and need a 2-3" lift, but dont want to change my stock wheel tire combo

 

i noticed several new 2020 rst trucks sit much higher than mine and wonder if GM has done a lift on these vs My LT truck?

 

i do like the front camera option, as i can never see where i'm going when i round the top of a hill for decent..

Edited by pokismoki
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello from South Carolina!

I just purchased a Z71 RST, and was looking for what part numbers from the GM Factory 2" Kit I would need.  I have heard many things in forums indicating different things, but the dealership noted that I would require the entire kit for my truck.  While I would be a little skeptical, the service department manager has the same truck as I do, and showed where he had to do the same.  $1600 for the kit and complete install.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, pokismoki said:

i have stock 2WD with Gov lock ,2016 LT truck, looking to do some gold prospecting and exploring here in California and AZ , so I travel lots of dirt roads, I'm scraping a lot in the ruts and need a 2-3" lift, but dont want to change my stock wheel tire combo

 

i noticed several new 2020 rst trucks sit much higher than mine and wonder if GM has done a lift on these vs My LT truck?

 

i do like the front camera option, as i can never see where i'm going when i round the top of a hill for decent..

Where do we start with this one?

 

The new T1xx trucks (2019+) are completely different from previous generations, starting with the frame and going up.  You're comparing apples to oranges.  If the new RST sits higher than your 2016, then start there.  If you need 2 more inches on top of those 3, get the Trail Boss suspension package I linked above.  Or, just buy a Trail Boss from the start. 

 

Your other option is to go with an aftermarket lift kit for your 2016.

Edited by Transient
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, GarandPappy said:

Hello from South Carolina!

I just purchased a Z71 RST, and was looking for what part numbers from the GM Factory 2" Kit I would need.  I have heard many things in forums indicating different things, but the dealership noted that I would require the entire kit for my truck.  While I would be a little skeptical, the service department manager has the same truck as I do, and showed where he had to do the same.  $1600 for the kit and complete install.

See posts 2 and 6.  Same part number.  GM is only selling it as a kit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ok, not sure I would want to waste good money overpaying for a new RST or z71,  I figured the T1 chassis are still fairly similar to a k2xx being so close generation wise..  but i see THere are other ways to go about it. not using GM parts.  I just figured they put in a little more engineering the kit than aftermarket but i'm usually wrong.

 

also wondering what would the opinion be on a spacer lift vs a Knuckle lift?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, pokismoki said:

ok, not sure I would want to waste good money overpaying for a new RST or z71,  I figured the T1 chassis are still fairly similar to a k2xx being so close generation wise..  but i see THere are other ways to go about it. not using GM parts.  I just figured they put in a little more engineering the kit than aftermarket but i'm usually wrong.

 

also wondering what would the opinion be on a spacer lift vs a Knuckle lift?

 

 

Let me put it this way.  My neighbor bought a 2016 F150 new 5 years ago for $39k.  He just sold it to a dealership earlier this week for $36k.  It was his daily driver.  Losing $3k over 5 years is a he'll of a good deal. 

 

Now for his bad news.  He needs to buy a new vehicle.  Due to the microchip shortage worldwide, I wish him luck with that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, pokismoki said:

i would never own a T1 they are ugly , and just to tune one is a fortune.

You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to disagree.  But, keep in mind professional athletes are not chosen for their looks.  They are chosen for their capabilities.  You wanted a truck that could a desired result.  If you think a T1xx serves the function, then get one.  If you're looking for a supermodel, then this truck isn't the right one for you. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, pokismoki said:

i would never own a T1 they are ugly , and just to tune one is a fortune.

Then why come to the T1 forum to impress us with your ignorance?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, pokismoki said:

ok, not sure I would want to waste good money overpaying for a new RST or z71,  I figured the T1 chassis are still fairly similar to a k2xx being so close generation wise..  but i see THere are other ways to go about it. not using GM parts.  I just figured they put in a little more engineering the kit than aftermarket but i'm usually wrong.

 

also wondering what would the opinion be on a spacer lift vs a Knuckle lift?

 

 

 

 

T1 is a ground up whole new frame compared to K2.  K2 was a minorly tweaked GMT-900 frame.  Nothing is the same between the two frames.  

 

What more "engineering" were you expecting?  The GM 2 inch kit is literally all the parts pulled from the Trail Boss.  The longer shocks, extended CVs, crash compliance brackets, blocks, longer u bolts, etc.  The parts were already "engineered" for the Trail Boss.    

Edited by newdude
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, pokismoki said:

i would never own a T1 they are ugly , and just to tune one is a fortune.

I would never own a 2016 LT 2wd, they are fugly, and tuning can't fix fugly.  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.