In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Autostop Eliminator

I bought and installed the AE30 Harness for my 2021 GMC 1500 5.3 SLT.  It does swap the start/stop to disabled as intended.  Does anyone else get a light shudder when stopping?  It seems to me the shudder started after installing it.

Thanks

5 minutes ago, Thompyt88 said:

I bought and installed the AE30 Harness for my 2021 GMC 1500 5.3 SLT.  It does swap the start/stop to disabled as intended.  Does anyone else get a light shudder when stopping?  It seems to me the shudder started after installing it.

Thanks

I have the same harness and glad to have it. This has happened to me exactly one time in 4K miles. I read up on it and there is a link between having the autostop off and the stutter. I ran it a few times with autostart on and then put it back to off. Hasn’t happened again. Yet. 

I have had the rough shift problem since about 500 miles. It lasts for about 3 days and goes away for a few weeks and then comes back for another 2 or 3 days. I installed the Auto-stop eliminator at about 2500 miles, it has made no difference in the transmission problem. I now have about 4000 miles.  Unfortunately your rough shift into low will probably come back, like mine is continuing to do. 

• 3 weeks later...