Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

New Wheels and Vibration


Recommended Posts

I recently got new wheels put on the truck and now it vibrates running down the road. Increases with speed. I have already been back and had them re-balanced but it still is going on. They also removed clips off the rear studs or something also. The bore size is only .2mm difference so I would assume it wouldn't be that causing the vibration as its such a minute difference. Anyone have any ideas on why I would still have this vibration? I figure Ill call them again next week also but wanted to pick yalls brains also.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So definitely it wouldn't be the .2mm difference in bore correct? Also, I believe the stock wheels are 8.5" and these are 9". I would assume it being a wider wheel would not affect the tires either right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wondered that also, but I feel it in the steering wheel, door panel, seat and console. Even odder is all the places I feel the vibration, its the same so it does not differ in pattern or intensity in any location.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another thing.

I run balancing beads in the 38" tires on my lifted Chevy.

Not many guys run them because they either don't know about them or think they don't work.

They work. 

If they can't figure out what's causing the vibes try the beads.

 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tire-Balance-Beads-Checkered-Flag-Premium-4-Bag-Kit-includes-6oz-Balancing-Bags-/192523947543?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Byrds8 said:

I wondered that also, but I feel it in the steering wheel, door panel, seat and console. Even odder is all the places I feel the vibration, its the same so it does not differ in pattern or intensity in any location.

That just means it’s at least 2 bad wheels or tires. Front you feel in steering wheel, rear you’ll feel in the seat and console.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

Another thing.

I run balancing beads in the 38" tires on my lifted Chevy.

Not many guys run them because they either don't know about them or think they don't work.

They work. 

If they can't figure out what's causing the vibes try the beads.

 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tire-Balance-Beads-Checkered-Flag-Premium-4-Bag-Kit-includes-6oz-Balancing-Bags-/192523947543?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Ill look into this if they cant figure this out. Thanks. I really like the wheels and dont want to have to go back to stock.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sqrls said:

That just means it’s at least 2 bad wheels or tires. Front you feel in steering wheel, rear you’ll feel in the seat and console.

I know issues in the fronts are in the steering wheel and the rear is the seat etc. I was just saying its odd they are in sync with how it feels in the different locations. What are the odds that bad wheels/balance etc would be in sync front to back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.