Sold my 2020 AT4 back to the dealer for more than I paid.....

I sold my truck back to the GMC dealer I purchased it from last August.  I put 16k miles on it and received a little over $1k more than I paid including sales tax!  I will order a 2022.

It's a good time to sell, but you more then likely will be spending a good 5k plus or more for the same equipped truck in 22. Inflation, cash on the hood is now half to 1/3rd of what it was a year ago, and there isn't really any ending in sight for chip shortage, in fact imo it is getting worse as new areas of tech are seeing issues.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BIGDOGx said:

It's a good time to sell, but you more then likely will be spending a good 5k plus or more for the same equipped truck in 22. Inflation, cash on the hood is now half to 1/3rd of what it was a year ago, and there isn't really any ending in sight for chip shortage, in fact imo it is getting worse as new areas of tech are seeing issues.

Many a discussion on this including one that I started. Really it becomes a wash. You either lose money on buying the new truck next year or lose money on the sell of the current truck in 3-5 yrs. (compared to what it is now). Once the market starts calming down, used vehicles are going to lose their value at a faster rate. 

Edited by TxSquid78

1 hour ago, BIGDOGx said:

You might be right, I'm okay with spending $5k to get a 22 with new interior.  But who know, the market may get saturated when chips become available.  It's a risk worth taking for me.

22 hours ago, 85CJ said:

I sold my truck back to the GMC dealer I purchased it from last August.  I put 16k miles on it and received a little over $1k more than I paid including sales tax!  I will order a 2022.

Not every day a person is happy about being robbed. 😂

• Haha 1