Trailer TPMS 84338125 versus 84152501

Not sure, but i noticed on the trailering screen the trailer sensors read both tire pressure and TEMPERATURE.

Mine is a  2021 Sierra.

6 hours ago, tonto340 said:

Does anyone know if GM trailer tire sensors 84338125 and 84152501 work the same? The 84338125 are half the price.

I have zero idea but maybe it’s two valves instead of 4 in case you have a single axel trailer.  

Sensors they sell for vehicle look different than the trailer ones, and are much cheaper.

Trailer sensors transmit both pressure and temperature. I'd guess the vehicle ones don't.

Trailer sensors are much cheaper if added to a factory order -- but they will only let a set of 4 be purchased with factory order.

Trailer app can read 6 at once.

Trailer app can be taught the sensors (and other trailer info) for multiple trailers.  Hook up the trailer and pick the desired one from the list of those that have been set up (or select guest)

12 hours ago, redwngr said:

Trailer sensors transmit both pressure and temperature. I'd guess the vehicle ones don't.

All sensors can transmit temperature as well as pressure and battery life estimate. GM just does not use that info for your vehicle tires.

2 hours ago, Ianf said:

All sensors can transmit temperature as well as pressure and battery life estimate. GM just does not use that info for your vehicle tires.

So can the ones the sell for the vehicle be paired with the trailer tire monitor module? 

(maybe someone with a second set of sensor equipped tires (winter tires?) can see if the ttpms system can pair with them)

Edited by redwngr

On 6/26/2021 at 6:00 AM, redwngr said:

So can the ones the sell for the vehicle be paired with the trailer tire monitor module? 

(maybe someone with a second set of sensor equipped tires (winter tires?) can see if the ttpms system can pair with them)

No.  The trailer TPMS sensor is totally different from the one in the truck's tires.