In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

"Hold on while we reinstall your app" message flashing on infotainment screen?

6 minutes ago, Tyler9 said:

My 2020 Sierra started doing this Thursday and I’ve deleted Alexa and Spotify and no change. It comes on when I start truck and then goes away. Everything is working. I’m afraid to delete SiriusXM or an app I use cuz not sure u can get it back. 

I can’t speak to the SiriusXM app but I was able to reinstall the Spotify app. 

20 minutes ago, tjm688 said:

I can’t speak to the SiriusXM app but I was able to reinstall the Spotify app. 

I deleted the Alexa and Spotify App and yes it can be reinstalled. I am worried it is the SXM app that is causing my message when I start truck. It goes out when radio loads. Everything is working so it is very odd. I feel like if I delete SXM app it may be unable to be put back in. 

2020 Traverse here, started last week...i had an app called 'GMBug Report' that keeps trying to open and wouldn't delete, finally was able to delete it after about 8 or 9 tries...i think it wouldn't delete because it would try to open and it would cancel out the Uninstall, hope this helps

-Squeeze 

On 2/18/2023 at 2:03 PM, Tyler9 said:

My 2020 Sierra started doing this Thursday and I’ve deleted Alexa and Spotify and no change. It comes on when I start truck and then goes away. Everything is working. I’m afraid to delete SiriusXM or an app I use cuz not sure u can get it back. 

Do you have more than one user on the truck? I went through the other users and deleted apps too.

For me - it was the Alexa app only that stopped the flashing message.

15 hours ago, D7088 said:

My 2020 Silverado started doing this a couple days ago too. Took it to dealership and they said GM should be working on a fix. 

8BCA7C2E-0AF5-49D9-9239-16CE27851A5B.jpeg

Mine stopped doing it today. Assuming GM pushed out an update after taking it to the dealership yesterday. All is working normally now. 

• 2 weeks later...

**Edit: it came back the next day.

I finally got the message to stop. With the truck running and in park, from the home screen went into "Apps", then too "My Apps". All the apps had a "Open" or "Trash Barrel" choice except the Amazon Alexa and Weather channel apps, they add a update box instead of a open icon.

Took me a couple tries, but hitting update to manually do the updates finally worked. Watched it do the upload and the update box changed to the open icon.

No more messages flashing on the infotainment screen.

I was also logged into my home wifi at the same time, don't know if that made a difference?

20230304_210440.jpg

Edited by skippyz71

• 3 weeks later...

I have had it to the dealer 3 times, they have no clue how to get it to stop. Mine has been doing it for a year. GM has never figured out what is wrong with this information center and now has a new one good luck. And I forget I was a member here and just like that I deleted my Alexa app and that flashing light is gone. Thank you. I got my 2020 Silverado built just before everything was shut down and it been the best truck I have had with no other problems other than this.

Edited by mcgee500