8inch to 10inch Screen Upgrade

I have been thinking about putting a bigger screen in my 2020 silverado.  I bought a used 10inch screen from a Tahoe.  The connections on the back are the same. I thought I would try it out. 

Today I plugged in and the image displayed but it was showing 6 screens!  I know nothing about vidro screens but I do like to experiment.  Touch screen did work.

Can anyone or does anyone know someone who can come up with a way to fix?  Is there a way to convert image or program something? Or I wonder if a Tahoe radio receiver could be installed?

20210702_203129.jpg

A complete wild a$$ guess, but I assume the actual controller is set to a specific resolution and it fails over the rest of the screen due to the greater resolution. This is a complete guess and someone more technical than I can point out my inaccuracies. 

Wow, happy to see your post today!! I am contemplating this exact mod. We just rented a 2021 suburban and I loved the screen. Camera resolution seemed much better but the bigger screen was much nicer. A week later my 2021 Sierra came in and a feel deprived of that 10" screen!!! Knowing GM, I figured the plugs would be the same and I would mock up the screen to look factory. Great work so far, following your solution closely I really hope you get a fix, this will be an awesome upgrade!

Thank for posting 

Edited by seamus2154

I had WAMS working on this.   Thank you WAMS! WAMS really is the best.  The tahoe screen was built for global B electrical architecture so it was not possible. We may try something else with a global A cars screen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Rally6.2RST said:

I had WAMS working on this.   Thank you WAMS! WAMS really is the best.  The tahoe screen was built for global B electrical architecture so it was not possible. We may try something else with a global A cars screen.

Couldn't do it without awesome people like yourself willing to try new and crazy things! I think we are on the right path now :)

Edited by GTPprix
  • Like 2

• 8 months later...