2021 Silverado 1500 Illuminated sill plate install

So I followed the guide and was able to get everything installed and does work.

However there now is a weird issue. If the truck is off and i open the doors the dome lights will flash 1 or 2 times then stay on. This only happened after installing the illuminated door sills. Could this be the power draw from splicing in the door sills? Seems off low power LEDs would cause this but I am unsure.

When the truck is running it is not an issue.

Also when the truck is off i can turn lights on and off without an issue no dimming or flickering.

Seems to only be when its fully off and opening the doors for the first time, just looks bad and making sure this isn't something that could get worse. 

• 4 months later...
On 7/6/2021 at 5:03 AM, Dillon Murphy said:

So I followed the guide and was able to get everything installed and does work.

However there now is a weird issue. If the truck is off and i open the doors the dome lights will flash 1 or 2 times then stay on. This only happened after installing the illuminated door sills. Could this be the power draw from splicing in the door sills? Seems off low power LEDs would cause this but I am unsure.

When the truck is running it is not an issue.

Also when the truck is off i can turn lights on and off without an issue no dimming or flickering.

Seems to only be when its fully off and opening the doors for the first time, just looks bad and making sure this isn't something that could get worse. 

Did you ever figure this out? I just installed and have the same issue. 

On 11/7/2021 at 6:21 PM, PandonSF said:

I had the same problem back in the middle of April after the dealer installed the illuminated sills, after some communication with GM about the issue, they released new installation instruction end of April and where you tap into for power is a different location. Dealer changed the location and have not had a problem since. 

illuminated sills 4-28-21.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jhplak325 said:

I had the same problem back in the middle of April after the dealer installed the illuminated sills, after some communication with GM about the issue, they released new installation instruction end of April and where you tap into for power is a different location. Dealer changed the location and have not had a problem since. 

illuminated sills 4-28-21.pdf 499.82 kB · 6 downloads

Thank you!!!

On 11/7/2021 at 6:21 PM, PandonSF said:

I tried the first solution and it blinks.

Just tried the solution posted by @jhplak325 as well and works without blinking now!

Edited by Dillon Murphy
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I just wanted to throw a new link to the original PDF file here.  The new one posted above looks like it was copied 30 times over with a 20 year old photocopier lol.  Instructions look the same regardless if it's a Denali or Silverado.  Document ID's match.  Whomever made the PDF did squish a lot on each page, and step 22 (maybe others) are cut off, so be wary.

https://www.duramaxforum.com/attachments/denali-illumimated-door-sills-pdf.1116830/

Edited by MightyBobo