Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

2021 Silverado 1500 Illuminated sill plate install


Recommended Posts

So I followed the guide and was able to get everything installed and does work.

However there now is a weird issue. If the truck is off and i open the doors the dome lights will flash 1 or 2 times then stay on. This only happened after installing the illuminated door sills. Could this be the power draw from splicing in the door sills? Seems off low power LEDs would cause this but I am unsure.

 

When the truck is running it is not an issue.

Also when the truck is off i can turn lights on and off without an issue no dimming or flickering.

Seems to only be when its fully off and opening the doors for the first time, just looks bad and making sure this isn't something that could get worse. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
On 7/6/2021 at 5:03 AM, Dillon Murphy said:

So I followed the guide and was able to get everything installed and does work.

However there now is a weird issue. If the truck is off and i open the doors the dome lights will flash 1 or 2 times then stay on. This only happened after installing the illuminated door sills. Could this be the power draw from splicing in the door sills? Seems off low power LEDs would cause this but I am unsure.

 

When the truck is running it is not an issue.

Also when the truck is off i can turn lights on and off without an issue no dimming or flickering.

Seems to only be when its fully off and opening the doors for the first time, just looks bad and making sure this isn't something that could get worse. 

Did you ever figure this out? I just installed and have the same issue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/7/2021 at 6:21 PM, PandonSF said:

Did you ever figure this out? I just installed and have the same issue. 

I had the same problem back in the middle of April after the dealer installed the illuminated sills, after some communication with GM about the issue, they released new installation instruction end of April and where you tap into for power is a different location. Dealer changed the location and have not had a problem since. 

illuminated sills 4-28-21.pdf

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, jhplak325 said:

I had the same problem back in the middle of April after the dealer installed the illuminated sills, after some communication with GM about the issue, they released new installation instruction end of April and where you tap into for power is a different location. Dealer changed the location and have not had a problem since. 

illuminated sills 4-28-21.pdf 499.82 kB · 6 downloads

Thank you!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/7/2021 at 6:21 PM, PandonSF said:

Did you ever figure this out? I just installed and have the same issue. 

I tried the first solution and it blinks.

Just tried the solution posted by @jhplak325 as well and works without blinking now!

 

 

Edited by Dillon Murphy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.