Thinking about putting 35s on my stock wheels, but have some questions

It's a 2000 Silverado 1500 2wd 4.8L ext. cab standard transmission.

I'm not too worried about losing power and mpg. I have to buy new tires soon. I also don't mind trimming a little bit.

My truck has stock 16x8 wheels with 30" 255/70R16 tires on it. It also has a 5" front lift/leveling kit (3" spindle +2" springs) and 3" rear blocks plus rear air springs that give it 2-3 additional inches of lift.

I am debating weather or not to buy and install a 3" body lift kit from zone off road: https://zoneoffroad.com/products/3-in-body-lift-1999-2000-chevygmc-silveradosierra-1500?variant=39431656505432

Would the body lift be mandatory?

Will this work and has anyone around here done this on a '99-06 2wd 1500?

The only information I could find about doing this is from this forum: https://www.gmfullsize.com/threads/anyone-running-35-s-on-stock-rims.186753/

could buy wheel offset adapters..

yeah i think your better off buying new rims to correct the offset issue grinding on the wheel well when fully locked,  try looking for 16x10" or 17x12 rim , better to start with a wider tire first see how you like it.

havent done a lift yet, but I'm looking at a level kit instead.

where are you gonna store the larger spare tire, not sure 35"s will fit in the spare wheel well?

search the forum, you might need to upgrade the UCA's also... I would buget $3500 to do it right...

body lift sounds like serious work, i've seen some guys do it , and I think it was over kill.

this has been done alot , use search bar

Edited by pokismoki

• 3 weeks later...

Side note that may be of interest- I put a set of 33x12.50 Parnelli Jones Dirt Grips on a set of 17x7.5 stock wheels (2008 GMC) back in the day and they lasted 15000 miles. Wheels were too narrow and wore out the center.