In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

1999 chevy tahoe lug nut torque

Well, I'd bet that the torque will remain the same spec but Id speak to a local dealer or the MFR about some recommended torque specs for your 24"ers. GM didn't sell a 24" wheel on those trucks (I could be wrong) so I donno if it makes a difference, seems to me if you need  different torque than the OEM you'd change the studs accordingly, that's why I'd ask those that should know.

4 hours ago, shaneclaflin said:

i have a 1999 tahoe 2 door with 24inch aluminum rims and i’m trying to figure out what i should torque the lugs down to is is still 140 ft lb

140 is the recommended torque for your truck.  Also important is to use the cross tighten method and to gradually tighten the lugs instead of just ripping them one at a time.  Also to note I dont know anyone who actually uses a torque wrench to tighten these. 

After 38 years of govt employment as one kind of mechanic or other (20 AD USAF; 18 civilian for the USN) I'm a big believer in torque wrenches. If it wasn't necessary and a good idea engineers wouldn't write those specs and publishers certainly would not dedicate pages to listing torque specs. BTW a side bar: The Navy says nuts are made of harder steel than the male threaded portion of the clamp that nut and bolts, screws, what ever form. This is so you can see if there is thread striping going on, the male threads will strip before the nut does.

Edited by dna9656
Clarity

On 7/12/2021 at 1:50 PM, jagabom (Esquire) said:

I know this is going to cause a commotion but I use a little anti seize compound on the mated surfaces of the aluminum wheel and the lug nut. I don`t put any on the threads.

Jim

I don't think that hurts a thing; I'm guessing wheel bearing grease would accomplish the same effect though. Never put anything on threads unless instructed to by the MFR.