In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

So done with GM. Flashing CEL is back.

Update.

Flashing CEL again last Friday at 6135 miles. Dealer won't do anything till they hear from GM corporate. I did tell them about the latest bulletin. Spoke to Corporate Customer Relation on Friday and was promised a call back tomorrow (Wednesday). And the light did its thing again this morning at ~6355 miles.

I am now working this via BBB since they handle Lemon Law issues in FL related to GM. I owe them a call today.

I now have zero confidence in this truck. Every squeak, every rattle, every vibration sets me on edge.

So, flashing CEL came back at lunch today 6459 miles and then quickly became a solid CEL. No auto start. Dealer won’t touch it since GM Corporate is involved.  

Way to lose a long time loyal customer GM. 

Stephen, good for you. I did the same thing in Florida on a 2015 Chevy Tahoe early build with electrical gremlins that service was unable to fix. They refunded me everything including tax and GM accessories with a receipt that I had added. Deducted a small percentage for mileage. It was a bit of a challenge and I had to go to a hearing which I won, I had all of my documentation which helped. What are you looking at for your next purchase?

As to moving to a Super Duty... I owned a 2012 F350 with the 6.7L diesel for 7+yrs.  Most reliable vehicle I’ve ever owned honestly!  And was my first Ford in a mix of GM’s, Toyotas, Nissan/Infinitis, ....

IF you are “using” them, the 6.7L is an awesome motor.  Contractors and others that run 3 miles here, 8 miles there, etc, and let it idle a lot, are gonna have problems.  It needs to be run and up to normal operating temps to keep soot, etc, out of the emissions parts (DPF, catalytic converter, etc).  Idling and short trips are not good for that.

I no longer need a heavy duty truck, or I would still own one myself!

• 5 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Norma Garay said:

How about you do a claim under lemon law on vehicles

Just bought my truck 5000 miles and check engine light on took to dealership and misfire code...... 

How about you read the entire thread? 🤦‍♂️