Service ESC light coming on in hot weather

Hello all

2021 2500 HD 4X4 with 4000 miles.

When we have temps above 90, and I start the truck the Service ESC light comes on and shows ESC is off on vehicle.

Then after sitting the next start it is fine.

Anyone else have this happen?

I will mention to the dealer when I have the first service, but with it being intermittent I'm not holding my breath for an answer from them.

Thanks for any ideas and comments in advanced.

16 hours ago, Nhcampbells said:

Hello all

2021 2500 HD 4X4 with 4000 miles.

When we have temps above 90, and I start the truck the Service ESC light comes on and shows ESC is off on vehicle.

Then after sitting the next start it is fine.

Anyone else have this happen?

I will mention to the dealer when I have the first service, but with it being intermittent I'm not holding my breath for an answer from them.

Thanks for any ideas and comments in advanced.

Have you pulled the DTC's or called OnStar for them?  I had an intermittent ESC issue with my 2015, and it turned out to be a wheel speed sensor.

4 hours ago, Tomato said:

Have you pulled the DTC's or called OnStar for them?  I had an intermittent ESC issue with my 2015, and it turned out to be a wheel speed sensor.

I have not.

It's so new I'll just tell the stealership at the first service.

Just strange it is only on very hot days and not everytime at that either.

• 11 months later...

So a year later and the same thing is still happening, dealer found no codes.

Only when its hot out and comes on at startup the ESC system is off. No cruise available when its on.

Of course today I had it at the shop but no light till I got home go figure.

An ideas or has it happened to anyone else.

No DTC,s I will tr onstar when it happens again

UPDATE: 6/28/22

Light came on this afternoon I was near the dealership at the time.

they checked for codes and found this.

"Lost communications with Steering angle and Electronic brake system".

Goes in for service next Friday.

Will update again if they find and fix the issue.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/28/2022 at 6:33 PM, Nhcampbells said:

UPDATE: 6/28/22

Light came on this afternoon I was near the dealership at the time.

they checked for codes and found this.

"Lost communications with Steering angle and Electronic brake system".

Goes in for service next Friday.

Will update again if they find and fix the issue.

They found a bad connection in a module and repaired it. They did replace a steering angle module, that wasn't the issue. Tech back probed and found the the connection was loose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2022 Chev 3500 LT Gas. I'm having an issue where when I'm parked in the sun and drive down the road after a mile or so, I hear a groaning / whirring down by the drivers kick panel. Almost like a phone vibrating 3-4 times then goes away. Did you have any noises? I don't have any MIL illuminated. In the morning or not hot out, no noise. If I lift my foot off the accelerator during the noise, it stops instantly. 

Edited by nocturnalmotors

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2022 at 11:33 AM, nocturnalmotors said:

2022 Chev 3500 LT Gas. I'm having an issue where when I'm parked in the sun and drive down the road after a mile or so, I hear a groaning / whirring down by the drivers kick panel. Almost like a phone vibrating 3-4 times then goes away. Did you have any noises? I don't have any MIL illuminated. In the morning or not hot out, no noise. If I lift my foot off the accelerator during the noise, it stops instantly. 

This is certainly not what we like to hear, nocturnalmotors.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2022 Chevy 3500 LT. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: nocturnalmotors/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com