In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

I purchased a 2021 Silverado Z71 in April, and I love it, but an odd quirk with the infotainment system. Each time I get in my truck, with the same cell phone I always carry, I cannot make a voice activated call for up to 5 minutes.  The response is always "please wait, I am loading your contacts".  Why does the system load my contacts each time I get it the vehicle?  Is there any way to have it store the contacts and not upload every time?  Is it supposed to do this?

7 hours ago, DrBaylor said:

I purchased a 2021 Silverado Z71 in April, and I love it, but an odd quirk with the infotainment system. Each time I get in my truck, with the same cell phone I always carry, I cannot make a voice activated call for up to 5 minutes.  The response is always "please wait, I am loading your contacts".  Why does the system load my contacts each time I get it the vehicle?  Is there any way to have it store the contacts and not upload every time?  Is it supposed to do this?

Welcome to the site, congratulations on your new truck.

Found this from another post here on the site, what is the brand of your phone?

Figured it out for Android. If you have had several  Chevrolet or GM vehicles, make sure your connecting via the correct device interface in your phone. 

Go to settings.

Hold down or left click the "Bluetooth" bar, not the toggle switch but the bar itself. 

A list of devices should pop up.

Select "MyChevrolet"

A list should pop up. 

Make sure switch is turned on for "Sync Contacts"

Voila

And for iPhone users very similar. Go to settings, Bluetooth, find the MyChevy or MyGMC Link, click on the info circle next to the link and switch the toggle to sync contacts. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Collin McCullick
      Can somebody with a loaded 2022 (or 2021) 2500HD 6.6 Gas LT/LTZ (or similar with the options below) post their payload and GVWR?

My wife and I are looking at ordering a loaded 2022 gas 2500HD LT with the Z71 sport package, convenience and safety packages, 5th wheel package, leather bucket seats, sunroof, extra altnernator/battery, etc (pretty much every box checked). The GVWR will be 10,6500#'s, and I'm guessing with it fully loaded it will probably have a payload around 3,100? But I'm curious if anyone already has one or at least very similar what your payload ended up being.

Thanks!
    • By Katy Sanders
      I purchased my 2021 Yukon AT4 brand new in June. I haven't had to use the heat until recently (I live in TN). The front heat blows warm air while I'm driving, but when I stop at a long light or put it in park, the air starts to blow cold until I start driving it around again. Also, in the rear of the cabin, it's never blown hot air...ever. Even after running the controls on full blast on HI for an hour -- air is still ice cold. I've tried it with the Auto Stop On and Off and it makes no difference. Anyone else have this issue? 
    • By Carter Bouslaugh
      A question here.
      I put my winter tires and wheels fromy 2019 Silverado 2500HD onto my new 2021 Silverado 3500HD  and the truck will not read the TPMS sensors. The tire shop said the dealer needs to reprogram the sensors to the new truck. Took it to the dealer and they say that this cannot be done even though the TPMS part numbers are identical between the years and that I need to buy new sensors for the new truck. Any help would be appreciated as this makes no srnse to me! Thanks in advance.
    • By Alan Bowman
      305 70 17
      2 inch spacers front.
      ordered -38 mm offset wheels 
      pre runner front bumper trimmed inner fender to metal line
      just ordered a 3 inch rear block lift with new shocks.
      should be able to pull it off. May throw on a 1.5 inch body lift.
      not sure how I feel about the NorCal mod.
      stay tuned!