In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

SLT.. 5.3 V8 10 spd. is priced $4k above 6.2 V8 10 spd.

On the SLT, the 5.3 V8 is $4,000 more than the 6.2 V8.

With a price like that, I sure as ****** hope they throw in free leather interior for the SLT! Oddly, the 5.3 V8 on the AT4 is $2,000 cheaper.

I am going to wait until 2022 then.

image.thumb.png.3674414f67fdf34a7fb6fa4fe9b83c10.png

5 hours ago, Wiggums said:

With a price like that, I sure as ****** hope they throw in free leather interior for the SLT! Oddly, the 5.3 V8 on the AT4 is $2,000 cheaper.

The 5.3 with 10-speed has more standard equipment at that price. When you click on the next tab the boxes are already checked for you with the packages that are required. The 8-speed is the base SLT package. 

57 minutes ago, Dunn said:

the ten speed is 4k more.....8 speed is cheaper, lol

i didnt think the SLT even had an 8 speed on 5.3

The 8-speed became standard on SLT models earlier in the 2021 calendar year instead of the 10-speed because of supply issues. 

16 hours ago, Dunn said:

the ten speed is 4k more.....8 speed is cheaper, lol

i didnt think the SLT even had an 8 speed on 5.3

When I got my 20 SLT in Nov 19. The 5.3 8 speed was the standard for 2WD SLT trucks. I chose the 4WD just because the 10 speed was standard in them. Since the shut down and supply issues. GM has started putting the 8 speed in just about everything they can for now.

16 hours ago, Blue5.3l said:

The 5.3 with 10-speed has more standard equipment at that price. When you click on the next tab the boxes are already checked for you with the packages that are required. The 8-speed is the base SLT package. 

You're right! It does, thanks for the explanation!

The 10 speed alone is worth $4k to me. I had two 8 speeds and they were junk.  Not trying to piss off the other guys with 8 speeds but my personal experience wasn’t good. Hence, why I sold it for the new 10 speed. 

42 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

The 10 speed alone is worth $4k to me. I had two 8 speeds and they were junk.  Not trying to piss off the other guys with 8 speeds but my personal experience wasn’t good. Hence, why I sold it for the new 10 speed. 

My salesman was put off by GM putting the 8-speed transmission back in the SLT trucks. They sold a lot of trucks with current owners wanting the 10-speed. If you were new to GM people didn’t care about the transmission option. My 8-speed truck was good but when I ordered my truck it had to be a 10-speed. 

I dont want to start another Ford vs GM battle but I'm still confused at how Ford can stick their 10R80 in everything including their base 3.3 XL F150 work truck motor and GM has no more 10R80's left. 

Does Ford get more access to these ?

GM and Ford each manufacture their own version in their own plants. The collaboration ended with the design phase which Ford took the lead on.

But generally speaking GM is handling all these supply chain issues the worst of the bunch. If it wasn’t for mismanagement they wouldn’t have any management at all.

On 8/11/2021 at 5:06 PM, Wiggums said:

On 8/11/2021 at 6:28 PM, f8l vnm said:

Ill wait for NEWDUDE To chime in here but this cant be real ? how ? 

Order guide footnote:

Included and only available with (L87) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine, (LM2) Duramax 3.0L Turbo-Diesel I6 engine or 4WD (L84) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine with (PDT) SLT Premium Plus Package or (PDW) Texas Edition SLT Premium Plus Package.

10 speed with the 5.3 on SLT forces on the SLT Premium Plus package which is $6345.  The site is correct.  

From the GM Fleet Order Guide for the Sierra 1500.  I assume Silverado is the same.  Bold added by me. See: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/brandsel.jsp?regionID=1&year=2021

MQB Transmission, 10-speed automatic, electronically controlled with overdrive and tow/haul mode. Includes Cruise Grade Braking and Powertrain Grade Braking 1 - No longer available with (L84) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine. Included and only available with (LM2) Duramax 3.0L Turbo-Diesel I6 engine. 2 - Included and only available with (L87) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine, (LM2) Duramax 3.0L TurboDiesel I6 engine or 4WD (L84) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine with (PDT) SLT Premium Plus Package or (PDW) Texas Edition SLT Premium Plus Package. Most Vehicles built on or after 6-7-2021 with a V8 engine and (MQB) 10-speed automatic transmission will have (NSS) Not Equipped with Automatic Stop/Start, which removes Automatic Stop/Start and its content. 3 - Most Vehicles built on or after 6-7-2021 with a V8 engine and (MQB) 10-speed automatic transmission will have (NSS) Not Equipped with Automatic Stop/Start, which removes Automatic Stop/Start and its content. 4 - Included and only available with (L84) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine on 4WD models, (L87) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine or (LM2) Duramax 3.0L Turbo-Diesel I6 engine. Most Vehicles built on or after 6-7-2021 with a V8 engine and (MQB) 10- speed automatic transmission will have (NSS) Not Equipped with Automatic Stop/Start, which removes Automatic Stop/Start and its content. --⁹ A¹ --⁹ A¹ A² S³ A⁴