In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience.聽

lack of sound deadening

2 hours ago, Duramax2021 said:

turning up the radio haha

Welcome to the site.

You stole my answer馃槵

There is so much going on under the headliner in there trucks, makes you not want to take them down and experiment.

Are there any custom Hot Rod/Truck shops in your area? Maybe stop in an and get their two cents on how they make cars quiet with all of the electronics and ducting under the liners聽

• Like 1

Sheet metal on cab roof is so thin it will actually wobble/bounce when you go thru air blower after car wash. Dealer service advisor told me to check with their body shop about it. Body shop said others with 2019-2020 Silverado have complained, but Chevy will not do anything about it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AirForceAngler said:

If you're brave and have the time, you could remove the headliner and install some dynomat or similar product.聽 They make it with an adhesive back that you could stick to the inside of the roof then reinstall the headliner.

And ^^^^ is about your only and best choice.聽

I installed Killmat in my Sierra. Nice improvement. While I was installing it I would tap on the panel to listen for a difference before and after. Worth the effort. I did not totally remove the head liner. Lot of extra work to totally take the headliner out of the truck. I lowered it and installed the sound deadener. Worth it to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy $hit batman, this thing (2021 GMC AT4)聽is LOUD in the rain! 聽By far聽the loudest vehicle I鈥檝e ridden in during a fairly hard rain with bigger drops!

I hate the idea of dropping the headliner but not sure I can live with how loud this is... 馃が

@Buddy A mind sharing any more details/pics on how you did that?

Edited by RCF71

On 9/1/2021 at 7:44 PM, RCF71 said:

Holy $hit batman, this thing (2021 GMC AT4)聽is LOUD in the rain! 聽By far聽the loudest vehicle I鈥檝e ridden in during a fairly hard rain with bigger drops!

I hate the idea of dropping the headliner but not sure I can live with how loud this is... 馃が

@Buddy A mind sharing any more details/pics on how you did that?

I did not take pics unfortunately. Removed a pillar covers, b pillar covers, and all attachments on the top. Then lowered each corner 聽to fit my arm in to install the sound deadener and vibration damper. Pulled it down just enough to fit my arm in.聽

3 hours ago, Buddy A said:

I did not take pics unfortunately. Removed a pillar covers, b pillar covers, and all attachments on the top. Then lowered each corner 聽to fit my arm in to install the sound deadener and vibration damper. Pulled it down just enough to fit my arm in.聽

Thanks! 聽I may have to attempt this over the winter (once it鈥檚 below 80F that is)! 聽

I did put Dynamat in a truck years ago, so pretty familiar with installing the stick on stuff. 聽It鈥檚 dropping the headliner that鈥檚 a little unnerving!