In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Hauled a load of 3 alfalfa bundles from one place to the other this morning. Each bundle about 1400-1500 pounds. So about 4500 pounds of hay on a 20’ flatbed. The 6.2 gasser did great. No issues at all. I’d feel more than confident with 4 bundles: With my old Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins, I’d haul 6 at a time. So not bad from a 3500 to 1500 and diesel to gas. I’m pleased. Just wish the truck could unload and stack in the barn for me- still waiting on that option!

😂

968EE6F5-DD33-4EB2-8298-C56A2BD68124.thumb.jpeg.a49f0a78576f745d634cdcb73478dac3.jpeg

That was my job from age 12-16. Baling hay. I save up for my first car doing that. Then my father bought a farm. My brothers work the farm. I worked in construction. We hauled hay all over NJ. 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/24/2021 at 9:57 AM, Qwerty143 said:

Hauled a load of 3 alfalfa bundles from one place to the other this morning. Each bundle about 1400-1500 pounds. So about 4500 pounds of hay on a 20’ flatbed. The 6.2 gasser did great. No issues at all. I’d feel more than confident with 4 bundles: With my old Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins, I’d haul 6 at a time. So not bad from a 3500 to 1500 and diesel to gas. I’m pleased. Just wish the truck could unload and stack in the barn for me- still waiting on that option!

😂

968EE6F5-DD33-4EB2-8298-C56A2BD68124.thumb.jpeg.a49f0a78576f745d634cdcb73478dac3.jpeg

Your truck must've been American made instead of coming from the Silao, Mexico factory.  Americans are lazy.  Mexicans work.  Trucks they make should be able to unload and stack, too. 

Before anybody gets their panties bunched up, I'm an American.  Born and raised white boy.  What I said was in jest.

3 hours ago, Transient said:

Before anybody gets their panties bunched up, I'm an American.  Born and raised white boy.  What I said was in jest.

As a fellow American white boy, I am not offended.

Not hay but I saw this last Saturday.   I was coming around a corner in rural town (25mph) and saw a pu up ahead half on the road, half off with 4-way flashers on and cargo spilled on the road. As I got closer I see its Blueberries in cardboard cartons in the size stores would buy.  Dumb-ass had the Ram pu overloaded with cartons of fresh blueberries and was driving with the tailgate down so as to carry more + he was about 3 courses high the bed sides and he never thought any would spill.  When asked what happened, he said "as I rounded the corner stuff started to slide out" duh.  I estimated he lost about 1/4 of his load. 

Ps, he had driven 3 miles from the farm like that and was within eye sight of the store.  LOL

Edited by elcamino
7 minutes ago, elcamino said:

Not hay but I saw this last Saturday.   I was coming around a corner in rural town (25mph) and saw a pu up ahead half on the road, half off with 4-way flashers on and cargo spilled on the road. As I got closer I see its Blueberries in cardboard cartons in the size stores would buy.  Dumb-ass had the Ram pu overloaded with cartons of fresh blueberries and was driving with the tailgate down so as to carry more + he was about 3 courses high the bed sides and he never thought any would spill.  When asked what happened, he said "as I rounded the corner stuff started to slide out" duh.  I estimated he lost about 1/4 of his load. 

Ps, he had driven 3 miles from the farm like that and was within eye sight of the store.  LOL

That was a major loss in $$$$.  Blueberries are expensive.