Anyone else waiting foreeeevvverrrr on an LM2 truck?!

So this is a fun one! Our new LM2 development truck was built on 3/17 yet it STILL has not shipped due to Microprocessor hold. From what we hear its actually an instrument cluster its missing (which admittedly hilarious given what we do) just curious if there is anyone else here stuck in the same situation?

Crazy times! 

1 hour ago, GTPprix said:

So this is a fun one! Our new LM2 development truck was built on 3/17 yet it STILL has not shipped due to Microprocessor hold. From what we hear its actually an instrument cluster its missing (which admittedly hilarious given what we do) just curious if there is anyone else here stuck in the same situation?

Crazy times! 

No help here, but the microchip shortage has impacted many folks.  I am glad I got my LM2 when I did back in August 2020.

The LM2 will be worth it though.  That 3.0L Duramax paired with the 10-speed is really a dream powertrain.  The MPG is great, I can tow and haul everything I need.  For example, I rented RVs off of Rvshare.com and one was a 33ft trailer at 7900 lbs with two slides. The LM2 did a great job, especially with the 10-speed there. 

What I'm most excited to see is the durability of the 3.0L Duramax.  I've got just under 11k miles now but I'm excited to get to the 150k mark eventually, and beyond. 

2 hours ago, GTPprix said:

Crazy times! 

Be glad you are getting one at all lol.  GM just set 3.0 availability on trucks to zero as of the 26th.  Supplier shortage on the engines.  

2 hours ago, newdude said:

Be glad you are getting one at all lol.  GM just set 3.0 availability on trucks to zero as of the 26th.  Supplier shortage on the engines.  

I just read the same thing on some other sites. Unknown when production will start back. Meanwhile, Ford is dropping their 3.0 Powerstroke from the F-150. No reason why

2 hours ago, newdude said:

Dunno man a truck sitting now for almost 6 months is worrisome for obvious reasons :)

35 minutes ago, Phantom 4D said:

I just read the same thing on some other sites. Unknown when production will start back. Meanwhile, Ford is dropping their 3.0 Powerstroke from the F-150. No reason why

Consensus I'm finding is oil filters.  The 3.0 Duramax uses the PF66 which is on major shortage at the moment.  No oil filters means no oil pan assemblies from the oil pan supplier to make engines.

I think Ford dropped theirs due to lack of sales.  The price point of it and the performance don't match the Ram or the Duramax and GM beats both in the price department.  

• 3 weeks later...