GMC Sierra rear trailer camera mounting questions. Any experience/ideas welcome

apw63

We just purchased a new 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 3.0l diesel. The truck is equipped with all or the trailering and camera options.

I’m looking for anyones  experience with the rear camera mount on a lance 2021 2185 or similar trailer. I’m a little worried about the mounting location and the location of the back ladder. It’s should be no problem mounting the camera. I’m just don’t know how the camera will deal with the ladder. The ladder should be in the field of view of the camera. Will the system still be able to display the transparent trailer camera view? The photo show the general location of the camera mount.

D30B9E2B-695B-4570-A04C-A78E20E16F65.jpeg

FCCD7175-00C3-4056-B52C-E2BF51809350.jpeg

12 hours ago, redwngr said:

I don't have the instructions handy, but, if iirc, that location will be too high for seamless looking transparent trailer. 

Thank you, but your response has nothing to do with my question, the spot on the picture was just for reference, to show general position relationship between ladder and camera. Does not matter how high or low the camera is, the ladder potion is the same. 

On 9/5/2021 at 3:08 PM, apw63 said:

We just purchased a new 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 3.0l diesel. The truck is equipped with all or the trailering and camera options.

Will the system still be able to display the transparent trailer camera view? The photo show the general location of the camera mount.

The ladder will interfere - I'm not sure if it will "fail" the synchronization process, and give you the 3 cameras view, or if the sync will stich everything together and still show the vertical post of the ladder.  Could you mount the camera to the left side vertical ladder rail? An aluminum plate drilled into the ladder, long enough to center the camera, would work, as long as it was rigid enough to not vibrate.  Or you could offset the camera rearward until the ladder was out of the field of view.

46 minutes ago, bwoodsmn said:

The ladder will interfere - I'm not sure if it will "fail" the synchronization process, and give you the 3 cameras view, or if the sync will stich everything together and still show the vertical post of the ladder.  Could you mount the camera to the left side vertical ladder rail? An aluminum plate drilled into the ladder, long enough to center the camera, would work, as long as it was rigid enough to not vibrate.  Or you could offset the camera rearward until the ladder was out of the field of view.

thank you for the reply. I think I could build something ridged up off the bumper or a block mount attached to the back of the trailer.  I’m going to go down to GMC dealership and see if one of the techs know anything.