Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Here ya go... The 2022 Silverado full reveal!


Recommended Posts

Ya, just last week some "young hot-head" thought his 2013 Ecoboost was fast!!  "It's got twin turbos man"  He was bragging he could smoke my 6.2L. Needless to say after putting it into AUTO, Sport mode, and letting him countdown. I munched that Turd by 6 truck lengths or better, I let off after that! 

 

For those stating they don't need anymore power, well, I AM NOT THAT GUY. GM has the technology to boost these trucks up another 50 HP/TQ, Still be very reliable, (IE..except the lift issue, but that is more of a covid thing in my opinion) and still get decent gas mileage.  Then for those of us wanting even more, offer a supercharger package that can be purchased for $10K with a 3-5 year warranty. SIMPLE!! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

That’s amazing for anything, especially a truck. I was with my brother when he did his first run with his little red truck. The fastest production vehicle in 1979. It ran mid fifteen. My 94 Z-28 ran a 14.02. My trailblazer ss ran 13.92. 

I've said this since I owned this new truck. It would take my old 2006 SS Trailblazer. Which was a beast 0-60 but the 4 speed hindered it terribly at the higher speeds. I could hang with Vettes within a city block but after that it was bye, bye.

 

This new truck scoots, along with the exhaust and intake, it really woke it up. That's why I'm tempted on pulling trigger on the Diablo tune.  But $700 is a lot without enough people who have done it to justify. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

That’s amazing for anything, especially a truck. I was with my brother when he did his first run with his little red truck. The fastest production vehicle in 1979. It ran mid fifteen. My 94 Z-28 ran a 14.02. My trailblazer ss ran 13.92. 

My TBSS with an intake and tune ran a 13.6?  Eventually ran 13.08 "Intake and tune only".   Had ud pulley and 160* tstat. Still had stock fans. Had the back seat out.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SILVER SLED said:

My TBSS with an intake and tune ran a 13.6?  Eventually ran 13.08 "Intake and tune only".   Had ud pulley and 160* tstat. Still had stock fans. Had the back seat out.  

My trailblazer was my work vehicle. It just had a hand held tune. TM really held it back. I reduced it by 50 percent. At the time I finally had the Z-28 to play with. After my wife and son.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

My trailblazer was my work vehicle. It just had a hand held tune. TM really held it back. I reduced it by 50 percent. At the time I finally had the Z-28 to play with. After my wife and son.

I had a place tune the tcm to approx 50% tm, and had another tcm with 0 tm I used for track and weekends.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/20/2021 at 2:58 PM, econometrics said:

 

What's going to be the main differences from a fully loaded LT TB and the ZR2? That's what is left to be determined here. It's possible they will cut down the options on the LT TB to make space for the ZR2. 

 

Right now, it seems the main upgrades with the ZR2 are only: 

  • 1" more of ground clearance due to 33" tires vs 32" (probably negligible in price, for the most part) 
  • Electronic lockers 
  • DSSV shocks 
  • Ventilated seats, rear camera mirror, HUD

So I guess I don't see how that would make the ZR2 $5K more in MSRP than the LT TB fully loaded. I think that's the point we're all making... the ZR2 is great, but it's not "next level" like a TRX or Raptor... so it won't be priced anywhere near that. 


As you can see by the pricing of the AT4X (which is a ZR2 with massaging seats added) pricing is going to be expensive. AT4X starts at $75k. It has the same 32” tires and crappy ground clearance as before but does come with the DSSV Shocks. I could even see the ZR2 priced very closely to the AT4X because it has other bumpers etc that add cost over the massaging seats. Ultimately GM wants 801A Raptor money for trucks that aren’t anywhere close to Raptor capability. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, spizike9 said:


As you can see by the pricing of the AT4X (which is a ZR2 with massaging seats added) pricing is going to be expensive. AT4X starts at $75k. It has the same 32” tires and crappy ground clearance as before but does come with the DSSV Shocks. I could even see the ZR2 priced very closely to the AT4X because it has other bumpers etc that add cost over the massaging seats. Ultimately GM wants 801A Raptor money for trucks that aren’t anywhere close to Raptor capability. 

AT4 starts at $60K still, tho. 
 

They’re selling AT4X as a loaded AT4 with quite a few extra interior specs that are not going to be on the ZR2. 
 

It’s clear from tonight’s release that GMC wants to be THE luxury truck brand. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, econometrics said:

So stupid that it’s a refreshed 2022 and we still don’t have pano sunroofs on the GM trucks. WTH. Even the new Tundra does! 🤦🏻‍♂️


Hey, the back window leaks enough. The less glass the better.

 

Probably too expensive to add mid-cycle but it should have had one in 2019 honestly. F150 had it in 2015.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, OnTheReel said:


Hey, the back window leaks enough. The less glass the better.

 

Probably too expensive to add mid-cycle but it should have had one in 2019 honestly. F150 had it in 2015.


Yeah, I’ve watched carefully on the ZR2 and AT4X/Ultimate reveals and the rear window and spoiler structure looks unchanged to the naked eye. Not very encouraging. But then again, I cannot possibly see how GM wouldn’t address it on the refresh with all of the issues people were having. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, econometrics said:


Yeah, I’ve watched carefully on the ZR2 and AT4X/Ultimate reveals and the rear window and spoiler structure looks unchanged to the naked eye. Not very encouraging. But then again, I cannot possibly see how GM wouldn’t address it on the refresh with all of the issues people were having. 
 

That, or the new “premium microsuede headliner” is designed to be waterproof…

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's clear GMC is going for the luxury title, with even more grandpa features like massage seats! :) It's some optimistic pricing, but not surprising. For that I'd rather order a high trim raptor on 35's or spend a bit more for a TRX, there are dealers now taking orders on TRX's below MSRP, and Raptors at MSRP if you do the legwork.   Can't really blame the manufacturers I'm sure they see that dealers are selling pickups with $5-10k over MSRP market adjustments, and the crazy high over MSRP prices at auctions for used trucks and want to get in on some of that $.  Basically the MSRP of the AT4 looks like it went up about $5k, so I'd bet a loaded At4 is probably $70k now, and you're paying another $5k for lockers and massage seats, and wood interior and a 1990's sun roof.  

 

No one knows what GMC will offer on the AT4-x for incentives, but I'll take a high package Raptor on 35's over a AT4-X anyday for basically the same price unless GMC is going to offer $10k of incentives on them to keep an effective price gap.

 

Based on this I'd bet a loaded ZR2 prices out at very close to $70k.  It's basically a loaded 21' AT4, with lockers, skid plates etc.  and that is similar to the price upcharge for the ZR2 in the colorado.   Honestly the ZR2 looks to have much more front end clearance.  At4-X still has the mall crawler front end, though it looks a bit higher than the 21's. 

 

Again it comes down to what the real price is, if a loaded ZR2 is really going to be $70k, no real incentives due to it's high demand/limited nature, I'd rather order a high package raptor on 35's for not much more $ and get WAY more truck. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, I was a little surprised they didn’t do anything about the front approach angle on the AT4X. And they didn’t give it 33’s. Very odd. They just gave it lockers and DSSV shocks. Then did the rest on the interior. 
 

It really is true that for the price of the AT4X, you can get way more with a Gen 3 Raptor. And the interior is nearly just as nice and full of features. 
 

I thought they would make Supercruise available on the AT4X, too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IMO the real #1 competitor to the ZR2 is the new Tundra TRD Pro. I’m sure they will come out similar in pricing, if not a little less for the Tundra. As it stands, I would have a hard time choosing even though I love the ZR2 from what I see. The main selling point for the ZR2 is going to be those of us who still want a naturally aspirated real V8. But that crowd is dwindling. 
 

I guess we will need to see what pricing looks like. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One more thing I’ve realized…

 

GM is now the only major brand whose most off-road worthy truck is still just a classic leaf spring suspension. That’s pretty odd. And dare I say… lame. 

Edited by econometrics
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.