GM not honoring Friends and Family Discount now

This forum amazes me how the banter on a subject can go on and on. Buying a vehicle at this time makes no sense at all unless you are walking and have to buy now. 

Anybody can ask any price they want for a product, doesn't mean you have to buy.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Gabe Bunn said:

Called 2 more dealers within 100 miles and were told NO AGAIN on ordering with the Friends and Family Discount. Guess no new GMC 2500 for me. I can't pay over MSRP for a truck that's going to depreciate like crazy in a year or so

Do what I did and search the low mile used market, honestly you'll get a better truck as you can't order with some of the options right now... Be prepared for dealers to try some screwy stuff, and be ready to walk if they do.

I just talked with my guy at the dealership to get his permission to post this for anyone that is interested. 

I put my order in June 16 for a 22 GMC 3500HD and it wasn't until Sept 2nd that they had an allocation I could use (I was 7th in line for the 2022 GMC HDs).  By Sept 7 I was at code 2000 which means it was picked up and right now I am at 3400 with a TPW of this week 10/4.  That timing by itself is impressive but I could still get hung up and end up waiting for delivery because of a constraint or other unknown issue. 

Anyway, the reason for this post is my dealership is honoring the special pricing for GM employees, friends and family (which is I am using), and suppliers with no dealer markups or BS.  In his words they are honoring the discounts because they are not looking for a one time payday (from a big markup) that ends up pissing off your customer (who doesn't come back) and generates bad press. Instead they are in it for the long term relationship and word of mouth advertising that comes from treating people right.  It's a Buick/GMC dealership in lower Michigan.  If you are interested in the contact information send me a PM.

** Remember even a solid dealership cannot control allocations, constraints, unplanned GM plant downtime, orders put in before yours, etc.  But if you get in line I feel they will treat you right and let you have the discount you are entitled to.

• 5 months later...
15 hours ago, Gabe Bunn said:

Any UPDATES on Dealers accepting Friends and Family in the Southeast yet? THANKS

I cannot speak to Friends and Family but I will say I finally found a dealer willing to do the Supplier pricing but only on a new order vehicle, nothing they had on the lot. I'm in Houston, so southeast adjacent. 

I will also say it took me calling at least 15 dealers before I got a yes. 

16 hours ago, Gabe Bunn said:

Any UPDATES on Dealers accepting Friends and Family in the Southeast yet? THANKS

You might just need to go out of state.  Not a bad drive back down to Alabama from Michigan.  I am in mid Michigan and only found 1 dealer that wouldn't honor the gm discounts.