In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

2020 AT4 - BDS 4” Coilover Lift with stock lift for 6” total

Ever since TapaTalk stopped working, I’ve had a helluva time searching. I looked for BDS Suspension posts and did not see anything relevant, so I hope this is not redundant. 

I am looking to put the BDS 4” coilover lift kit on my 2020 AT4 (41k miles, 5.3L, 10 speed) for a total lift of 6”, then running 35x12.5s.  I currently run the ReadyLift +2 SST lift with 33x12.5s.  Does anyone have experience with the BDS setup?  If so, are any ABS/ESC/Traction Control lights or errors being triggered? 

Thanks in advance!

I have the BDS 6 inch Fox coilover lift on my 2020.  Zero issues with ABS, ESC or traction control.  If you're switching to coilovers, why not just spend the extra $80 and go with their 6 inch lift?  I don't know for sure, but I removed all of my stock suspension, except for the lower control arms when I did mine. So you may lose the "stock" 2 inches and wind up with a 4 inch lift overall, if you go with their 4 inch lift.  I can also tell you that I had to trim a LOT of my inner fender wells to clear my Toyo 35x12.5 tires.  Just something to consider.

Thanks for the info!  I actually was looking at the 6” kit as well, and you probably just sold me on it.  

I don’t want to trim everything out to fit 35s, which is why I am looking for 6” total lift. Do you have any pics of how much you trimmed?  I don’t need all of the travel/articulation from a true 6”, so if I can stuff 35s under my current setup of 4” of lift without going bananas on the trimming, I’m open to that as well.  

Speaking only about the front, I believe if you remove the stock springs you’re going to remove the “stock lift” as well, since they are what provide it. Replace them with something and you’re adding from zero. 

Unless they advertise that it is 4 inches over AT4 height, then it’s 4 inches from regular Sierra height. A strut/coil over replacement will effectively remove your stock lift. 

11 hours ago, Dirk13 said:

Speaking only about the front, I believe if you remove the stock springs you’re going to remove the “stock lift” as well, since they are what provide it. Replace them with something and you’re adding from zero. 

Unless they advertise that it is 4 inches over AT4 height, then it’s 4 inches from regular Sierra height. A strut/coil over replacement will effectively remove your stock lift. 

This may or may not be the exact lift that the OP is wanting. But it is an example of what they are wanting.  4" Coilover Lift Kit | Gas | 2019-2021 Chevy / GMC 1/2 Ton Truck 4WD Trail Boss / AT4 | 1805F | BDS Suspension (bds-suspension.com) It adds 4" to the AT4/Trail Boss to give a 6" overall lift. Frame cutting is required to do this lift. It could very well share many parts with the standard Sierra and Silverado or even be the same lift though. These guys do make versions that use spacers for the struts in which a shorter spacer would be required for the at4 and Trail Boss. But knuckles and most other parts are likely the same. 

Edited by remanaz

I ran the 4” kit and 35s on my 2019 for a couple years. It’s a good kit, didn’t have any issues, but there was a good bit of trimming required to fit the tires. These pictures are without coilovers, I bought them after the lift was installed but never installed them. Still have the coilovers sitting in a box 🤦‍♂️ but I’ve since moved on to a 2500 AT4. 

9734366F-63EC-4EE6-A4A5-A688981B2184.jpeg

C6620DA3-4ADA-40C5-8B26-EB794EA3F974.jpeg

Edited by TheElementalCashew