In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

tonneau cover keeping grab handle

Looking for recommendations for tonneau cover of any variety for 2021 Sierra CC short bed that allows me to keep grab handle inside bed.

Edited by tboat
bed size

You mean the fold-out handle for climbing in the back?

If so, the handle is installed in mine, under a RetraxOne Mx. 

Handle was removed during installation of track/rail  for the cover and reinstalled after.

The mount for the handle does appear to be touching the bottom edge of the track/rail. 

I suppose the handle mount could be spaced out a little, but it was not on this installation. 

Mine is a standard box.

I don't know if there are differences in the  mount location on a short box that would make this not work. 

I have the GM branded retraxone MX, and I did not have to remove the folding grab handle.  I have a crew cab chevy with the short box.

My Brother has an AT4, Crew Cab Short box, and he has the $329 one (Part number 19416979)  Fits over the folding grab handle, and he didn't remove his either.  

I have the GM Accessory Tri-Fold (Rev Ind) cover and it does not interfere with the box entry assist handle.  I chose the GM because I did not want have to install it.  Its a good looking cover and works great for what I need.

I had the Bakflip MX4 installed originally and removed it and replaced it with the Retrax Pro and both retained the grab handle.  Both had pros and cons but I really like the Retrax Pro.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Gator EFX hard folding cover and have no issues with the grab handle. I find that I never use the handle and may just remove it anyway.

https://gatorcovers.com/p/gator-efx-hard-fold-tonneau-cover/

If you find a coupon code, you can save 20% or so, or pull up the chat window and they will discount your purchase, especially of you are buying multiple items..