Ongoing Issue: Cannot reply to posts. Cannot even enter text in the body of this message. Tried multiple browsers, logged out, nothing works.

Chevrolet1

12 hours ago, Chevrolet1 said:

txab, did the admins respond or implement a fix? After 4 days, I can finally post and respond to posts. But this happened before, so I would like to confirm whether they found the root cause and implemented a fix.

I haven't officially heard back from them, but they did say they would look into it. i use Firefox and only had similar issues as you did when they did the site upgrade. It was soon working though. I made sure everything on my system was up to date on versions

Edited by txab

The major upgrade was months ago. There are always tweaks that may be applied to a forums software as requirements or security concerns must be addressed.

As I mentioned before, I was in the same boat as you for a while then suddenly things cleared up. Never did get an answer to what the exact cause was. I've always run Firefox

Speaking of issues on sites.... if I went to Lowes website using Firefox, I couldn't search for anything. It always returned an error. After about 2 months of this, Lowes finally got their issues fixed, or it magically cleared up

On 9/29/2021 at 1:22 PM, txab said:

The major upgrade was months ago. There are always tweaks that may be applied to a forums software as requirements or security concerns must be addressed.

As I mentioned before, I was in the same boat as you for a while then suddenly things cleared up. Never did get an answer to what the exact cause was. I've always run Firefox

Speaking of issues on sites.... if I went to Lowes website using Firefox, I couldn't search for anything. It always returned an error. After about 2 months of this, Lowes finally got their issues fixed, or it magically cleared up

Thanks txab. For now, I'll hope this is fixed permanently. It's happened to me 3 times now, where the issue of being unable to post or reply typically lasts 3-4 days.