2021 Silverado 1500 LT tow mirrors available

I have a 2021 Silverado 1500 LT with lane change alert (UKC). I want tow mirrors. I found a part 847776100 on the GM part hub web site and the dealer tells me this is for my truck. Only, it is not designed for trucks with lane change alert (UKC). I don't care about lane alert and need a tow mirror. Does anyone know if I add this mirror will it work and lane alert just not work or will the truck throw an error code?     

7 hours ago, panther5511 said:

I have a 2021 Silverado 1500 LT with lane change alert (UKC). I want tow mirrors. I found a part 847776100 on the GM part hub web site and the dealer tells me this is for my truck. Only, it is not designed for trucks with lane change alert (UKC). I don't care about lane alert and need a tow mirror. Does anyone know if I add this mirror will it work and lane alert just not work or will the truck throw an error code?     

Lane change alert  works with side blind spot alert. Two different functions. You might want to check that. 

I was told, rightly or wrongly that you can put tow mirrors on but the only mirrors that are available DO NOT have any power features and WILL NOT be able to support those features as come standard on the Denali, for instance.  They are strictly manual operating mirrors.  This was quoted from a document the dealer salesman had with the part numbers for the mirrors kits.   Seems this is a confusing topic for most dealers as one will tell you one thing and another something else. Even the parts guy had to call someone at GM parts to ask.  So you will have mirrors, they won't fold or do anything power assisted.

Edited by elcamino

On 9/29/2021 at 12:56 AM, panther5511 said:

GM has no "direct" upgrade path for tow mirrors on LT trucks with UKC blind spot.  The 84776100 kit mirrors will cause the truck to be in a permanent state of "Service Blind Spot Assist" forever.  

Your only option will be a set of LTZ/High Country 1500 tow mirrors.  You would need the following:

84879432 and 84879431 mirrors.  MSRP on these EACH is just under $1300.  

You would keep heat function, power upper glass and you will keep the blind spot function.  These mirrors will have cameras, power fold, signals and cargo lights but NONE of those features will work on your LT.  

Edited by newdude